Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anyone ever do vestibular rehab exercises for dizziness or vertigo?  (Read 128 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I did some today and I feel WORSE.... I wasnt even too off balance when I first woke up this morning.. which could be a good thing? But then it kicked in 15 minutes later and it was like walking on a cloud again
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can you be more specific about how it feels?  I've been mildly dizzy/light headed recent and wondering if others experience the same thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
If you shake your head back and forth (left to right) 20 times pretty quickly. Then stare straight ahead and look around a little. That is how I've almost constantly felt since March 1st.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Crissylove

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone ever do vestibular rehab exercises for dizziness or vertigo?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »
I've had severe vertigo for 13 days now. The first 3 days I was in the hospital it was so severe. The dr. First thought it was BPPV another thinks it's vestubilar neuritis. I started vestubilar therapy the day after I got out of the hospital and the PT says I'm showing a lot of improvement. My eyes don't twitch and I can walk a little straighter however I still feel like I've had too much to drink. It is especially bad if I'm walking or trying to go about my normal life. Which is what the PT and my ENT told me I should do. According to them the more you baby the dizziness the slower the recovery. Whether the therapy works or not, I can't say for certain. I'm still very dizzy and I do my at home eye therapy 3 times a day. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: