Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Failure Fears  (Read 81 times)

Offline Chiaroscuro

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart Failure Fears
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
My fear of Heart Failure has returned 10 fold. I'm 25, 5'8" and 220lbs, but am currently exercising and doing Tai Chi to get in shape. Everyone I know, my doctor included, has told me Heart Failure at my age is very rare, but the hypochondriac in me is completely ignoring them all. I've been having trouble sleeping lately, and I've also been feeling tired a lot lately, though I suspect that has more to do with the crappy weather than anything else.

My last doctor's appointment was a few months ago, during which my doctor listened to my heart and lungs and said they sounded fine. I don't think things could change that quickly, but...I can't seem to convince myself of that. All of my symptoms can also be attributed to anxiety, I know, but I can't help but to fret. I've wanted to avoid medication after my nightmarish experience with withdrawal a few years ago, but I'm wondering now if it's not such a bad idea.

Anywho, thanks for listening AnxietyZone. <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Failure Fears
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 06:23:15 AM »
Sorry you're going through this; you have a lot of company here.

We need to trust our doctors and do our best to reduce our anxiety, but its hard - trust me i know!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Failure Fears
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
If you've been examined and your cholesterol's good, b/p is good, and everything else is good then there's nothing more you can do to reassure yourself.  I'm 30 and worry about my heart too.  I forgot my bp meds one day and an anxiety attack caused my heart rate to hit 160.  After that I had a bunch of test including an ecg.  The found nothing so the doc said it had to be anxiety.  We just have to accept the medical professionals word for it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: