Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Exercises  (Read 110 times)

Offline morlnor

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Exercises
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:31:38 AM »
What exercises do you recommend for someone who has been completely idle for almost 2 years due to health anxiety and fear of having a heart attack? I had a miscarriage almost 2 years ago. I was put on complete bedrest for a couple of weeks before I finally miscarried. Ever since then, I quit my job and my husband and I moved 8.5 hours away from our hometown. All I do now is sit at home and watch tv and worry about my heart and my health. I am wasting my life! I am ready to get out and enjoy life! But just going outside gets me winded! Is that from being so out of shape? What exercises do you recommend for me to get started toward a healthier lifestyle? Please help!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline morlnor

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Exercises
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »
I must mention that I don't have any extra money to join a gym! My husband and I just bought a house, so money is really tight!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:54 AM »
morlnor - i too am a heart worrier and have wondered this same thing.  Everyone says (including doc) that walking is a great way to start.  Just make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes and I guess we're good to go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
My doctor said that walking is one of the best exercises you can do. He said light weights are
good too.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
Walking is a good start.  You'll be amazed at what a 15 min walk will do for you.   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
And what about yoga, tai chi, meditation? Everything is available on YT or DVD's from your library. Your city rec. center may have activities and facilities at minimal cost. Some people take to swimming.

Exercise, any exercise, is a great gift. And, yes, walking is the best too. You reconnect with nature, sky, sun, air, trees full of leaves now, flowers, birds. You return refreshed in mind and body.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: