Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Underarm lump still giving me grief  (Read 99 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Underarm lump still giving me grief
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »
I've had a lump in my underarm for two months.  It was preceded, it seemed, but general underarm pain on both sides - I looked for an infected bump or something that was the cause and never found it.  Then a lump either popped up or I found the one I'd missed.  The armpit soreness eventually went away but the lump remained.

Saw my doctor; he said cyst.

It continued to get bigger, armpit pain returned, as well as some itching, the lump itself was slightly tender.  Went back to doctor, he said infected something.  I can't remember what (not because it was a bizarre medical term, I just can't remember.)  Said it didn't really feel like anything to worry about (he mentioned some characteristics of malignant lumps that my lump didn't possess); come back in three months if it was still there.

So I've been doing my best to ignore it.  Not touching it, not thinking about it.  But this morning I woke up in a puddle of sweat - actually not worried about that part, because my bedroom gets insanely hot and it felt like I'd been sleeping on the surface of the sun - and sure enough, that armpit is sore again.  I've actually noticed that sweating seems to cause a lot of soreness on that side since the lump popped up.

It's hard to ignore and driving me crazy again.  The soreness isn't really focused around the lump so I don't even know if they're related.  I've tried using deodorant and not using deodorant.  I don't shave my underarms. 

The lump is deep under my skin, no redness, no external bump.  My left underarm looks swollen to me but TBH that could be my imagination; it's hard to tell.  I ran my hand over it lightly and I can't feel an immediate bump distorting it, so whatever it is is still at least flush with skin level.  I resisted the urge to really feel for it because I figure that won't lead anywhere good, especially since I have two months before I can go back to the doctor. 

I don't want to die anytime soon.  I mean, I know nobody does.  Just...eh, we all know what it's like to worry about that.  And it's so hard to enjoy the life we do have when we're worried about dying.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: