Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New Member!  (Read 78 times)

Offline gracehorn22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Member!
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »
Hello!

I am 20 years old and have had generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder since I was 15. The reason I decided to join this forum thing was because normally, I do not get sick, but I have the flu now. My anxiety is always very high especially when it comes to my health and now it is just to much to handle. I have been to the hospital and called my doctor and they both said it is just a stomach virus but I think it is something worse. I am hoping talking to others on here will make me feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Member!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 03:10:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline anark22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »
Hey Gracehorn22,

I hope you've recovered from the flu since this was a couple weeks ago, but I can somehow relate to this sitution. I've had bronchitis 4 times in the past year and now I have a cough basically all the time. My doctor says there's nothing I can do and it's probably becuse of all the germs in the dorm rooms, since I go to college and have lived in the dormitories. I personally think it has something to do with how stressed and anxious I get. I think it's difficult for doctors to for sure connect these things, while blaming it on germs and a virus makes more sense.

Best of luck and I hope you fee better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:53:57 AM »
Hi Grace Horn  :action-smiley-065:

You have come to the right place for help with your GAD and Panic Disorder, I myself, have these same issues.

We have many great people here at the forum the understand what you are going through, and are very supportive.

This site has many helpful resources , and of course many wonderful people here.  :happy0151:

Welcome, we are glad to have you :yes:

Make sure to Ask a lot of questions !!

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline SueAnn

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Hello all,
 I am 49 years old and live in Iowa. My first panic attack I had was when my dad passed away 11 yrs ago. I was getting them alot then and then I stopped. I am not on any meds for this because I don't get them much anymore. But I started one last night and it has lasted all this time. It will go away and then come back. I forgot how bad and scary these are. So guess I need to start relaxing and getting support from others that have this problem.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: