Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: For those that fear a brain tumor!  (Read 685 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: For those that fear a brain tumor!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
KMJ are your symptoms of unbalance constant? like everyday? maybe some breaks here and there, and how long has yours been lasting? mine is going on 3 months... im going to be trying vehibular exercises, but they kind of make me nauseous
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
When I was feeling off balance, I felt like the floor was moving underneath me. It started in feb and when I would bend over, it was worse. I felt as if I was on a boat. Was always worse in small rooms and in the shower was hell for me. I could not see my dr until 4 weeks after I got this feeling. I never had any dizziness. Sometimes things did seen like they were bouncing. Like the walls. But more in real small rooms.

I saw my main dr and she said it was my sinuses cause I was having other sinus symptoms. And I was on an antibiotic and that didn't do much. I went from the bouncing feeling to feeling like I was walking on a boat. I felt unsteady even though it was walking straight. I saw ent and she put me on predinsone and another strong antibiotic and within 4 days I was no longer feeling like I was unsteady. And I ended up having a ct scan of my sinuses and head. And she diagnosed me with chronic sinusitis and allergies and said it will throw the vestibular system off.

Now and then I do still feel the floor moving but nothing like it was. And I don't feel it when I walk. Just if I tilt my head down sometimes. But it could be anxiety now. Also my legs have had no exercise since I was in bed so long cause of anxiety. I'm trying to get my legs in shape and put my fears away. And I believe once I can do that, then I will be ok.

Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
I hesitated to say the symptoms my neurologist told me because I don't want anyone to start feeling them.  But she basically said extreme motor issues like limbs aren't functioning properly, very noticeable cognitive issues, failing neurological exams, etc.  She specializes in headaches and sees headache patients all day every day and that is not definitive of a BT at all.  She said BTs are almost always worse in the morning and you cannot sleep through the night with them.  And this is not like valleyplayer waking up thinking the worst (anxiety), but where you wake up and your head feels terrible and you can't sleep. 

I agree that we have allowed Google to make us overthink this. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
That's very reassuring to hear. When she said motor Skills and limbs, was she talking about those that walk and continue to fall down and can't move their arms right. It's pretty much called ataxia. It's when people walk like their legs are crooked and can't even touch their nose standing up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
yesyesno-
 I wonder if dizziness in the middle of the night would count as that.... no headaches though... but literally up every 45 minutes for the last 2 nights.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Jt23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 07:58:23 PM »
Not tryin to hijack your thread, but figured I'll post in here with my symptoms and question as well since were all in the same boat.

My head has an awful pressure/pain feeling behind my eyes and forehead when I lean over. I've read only one reason causes this and it's pressure. Very few things cause this pressure such as tumor or sinus. But I am not having sinus problems :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
Have you had your sinuses checked at all.

I was having pressure leaning over and it's always above my eyes where the sinuses are and I felt pressure in eyes too but eyes are better. The eye drops I used today helped my left eye. My forehead is tight right now and my nose gets stuffy.

If you haven't had your sinuses checked, it could be that or allergies. Allergies are just as bad. If not either one, then it's anxiety more than likely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
@Kmj023- something like that.  She didn't go too deep into detail but I got the impression you want your limb to do something, move a certain way and it doesn't.

@valleyplayer-  no, she ONLY spoke of headaches and it's because when you lay down pressure increases in your head causing headache, not dizziness.  I mentioned to her that I was having a hazy, out of it lightheaded feeling (similar to dizziness but don't feel movement) and she was not concerned. 

@JT23- I was having intense head pressure for around 2 months.  Felt like my head would explode.  But I had clean tests and the pressure had resolved.  Now I have weird sensations on 1 side but no pressure. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything