Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I only want to hear from Christians on this one...  (Read 248 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I only want to hear from Christians on this one...
« on: May 27, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
Ok, so tmi - my husband and I were having sex on Sunday night and in my hypochondriac kind of way, I was praying in my head that God would keep me from getting pregnant if I had any tumors or cancers in my body (we're thinking about getting pregnant with #3, but I'm afraid I'll get cancer while pregnant). And then last night I started my period...2 weeks early.

So naturally I'm freaking out that God is protecting me from getting pregnant because I have cancer/a tumor somewhere in my body (right now in focused in brain tumor).  :spineyes:

I know that The Lord doesn't give us a spirit of fear, and my periods have been pretty crazy since stopping the Depo shot, but I keep thinking that this is a sign  :(

Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I only want to hear from Christians on this one...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
Hello bpadilla49!
First off, I'd like to remind you that dwelling on these things is not going to help! God has a funny way of working things out, which is way above our understanding, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Maybe the Lord doesn't have it in His plan for you to have more children. He can see down the road way more than we can. I know I have struggled with this before and like you my current fear is a brain tumor. I keep telling the Lord, "But Jesus, I'm in Bible college! I'm studying to be a missionary to share others about You! I want to get married and have children of my own!" However, I'm looking at all the things that I want and not looking at the bigger picture, what God wants. This isn't me telling you that you have a tumor, in fact I think if you did you would be having terrible symptoms. Maybe this is just God's way of teaching you patience. I love what one person told me one time, "Amy, God answers prayer in 3 ways: "Yes, not now, or I have something better for you." As followers of Christ we need to be willing to put all our hope and trust in Him not matter what the cost. You're not alone in the fight bpadilla49! In fact, take my word on it that I'm going to be praying for you and your husband. God has great things in store. I hope this may have helped even just a little. If you're extremely worried then I suggest going to get an MRI which will calm your nerves. Pray about it and if God give you the 'go ahead' then just keep on trying for that 3rd precious miracle! God bless!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
Well I believe we've already received the "go ahead". We've both been praying about it for a few months and I read this book called "lies women believe" - it's a Christian book. And one of the chapters in the book talked about children and a part of it talked about how the last thing satan wants is for a baby to be born to Christian parents because there's a high probability that the child will be a Christian. So satan will lie to woman, saying things like "we can't afford another child, or we can't possibly have another one, we can barley keep up with 2, it's not a great time career wise, ect". So I examined what was keeping me from having another - it was simply fear. The fear of getting cancer while pregnant and not being here for my other 2 children. And I know that fear doesn't come from The Lord. It comes straight from the enemy. So it makes sense.

Anyway. Just my thoughts. Is love to hear what other Christians have to say.

Oh yeah - and my current fear is brain tumor as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »
If God gave us the answers we wanted to such prayers, high school girls would never get pregnant and 30 year old married women would ever need fertility clinics.

Whatever is supposed to happen is what will happen - whether we like it or not.

Just my two-cents
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »
Let me tell you my personal story. I am a christian. We had been trying to get pregnant with number two but it didn't happen. I cried and begged God for a child. All my friends are pregnant or just had kids. I had a colonoscopy and they found a tumor, carcinoid. We stopped trying. We were careful. I just knew that God was waiting for us to have a child after the tumor was removed. I even prayed before my colonoscopy and asked. God to let everything be ok and to have more kids. Well two days before surgery,  i found out i was pregnant. We need to want God's will to be our will. Was it my will to get pregnant with a tumor. Absolutely not. I do have peace thqt everything will be ok and we just had our first ultrasound and the baby was perfect. My doctor said there is not much literature of a pregnant woman with carcinoid. Even google doesnt turn up much. I have no choice but to trust God and pray to him to give the doctors wisdom. If you do end up pregnant and have a tumor, that is God's will. And you have to trust Him and His plan. Sometimes he gives us what we don't want. But we don't see the whole picture. We don't see how tumors could have a good outcome. But here I am, reaching out to you with my testimony. I have so much to be thankful to God for. Praying for you sweetie!
Bookmark and Share

Offline gracehorn22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
God answers prayers in funny ways. You need to trust that he will protect you and your future baby. You have already had two children without having any (major) health problems such as cancer I am assuming so I would stop worrying and start trusting  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: