Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach Cancer?  (Read 254 times)

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach Cancer?
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
I haven't posted on here in a while because my health anxiety went away. My anxiety has been under control, and I have been focusing on school to keep my mind busy. So the fact that I am having these symptoms is really scaring me!

My stomach has been acting up lately. For over a year I have had times where I will randomly pass mucus without stool. Sometimes there is mucus in my stools, too. This still goes on. I had a stomach virus a month ago, which I have never had before. I also get bloated after eating a little as well. The thing that is really scaring me are these stomach pains that just began...

The other day I was hungry and my stomach was growling and each time it growled I would get pains. Then on Saturday I noticed my stomach felt slightly crampy like it hurt. I never get stomach aches. So I ate and the pain went away. But yesterday morning the scariest thing that is really worrying me happened. I was laying in bed and all the sudden I started getting a cramping pain right below my chest. It spread into my back as well. It started hurting for a few seconds every couple of seconds. I figured it was gas and went back to sleep, but throughout the day I experienced the pain again, just less severe. This morning the same pain happened! When I'm hungry the pain is worse, and the pain happens when it feels like my stomach is about to growl.

I've put all these symptoms together and I think it must be stomach cancer or some other type of cancer. I never get pains like this or anything of this sort, so I know something has to be wrong! I haven't been eating differently or anything; the only thing is that I have switched from my name brand birth control to a generic form of another type since my name brand doesn't have a generic. I've also had this random tingle in my back near my spine for months now. It tingles when I lay down or move a certain way, so now I think a tumor in my stomach or somewhere is causing this. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach Cancer?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
I did SO much research on stomach cancer in 2003 that I can tell you that is NOT the symptoms of stomach cancer - nope, no way.  So relax about that!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:23:34 PM »
I also haven't been gaining weight and seem to actually be losing weight! I googled stomach cancer after I experienced the upper abdominal cramps and it seems like I have those symptoms. :(

I just don't know what would be causing all of these problems, especially these strange pains which I have never had before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
I have these sane symptoms but am worried about Pancreatic Cancer. Which side is yiur back tingle?

Mines is on the left. There's a pain and tingle

Also when I wipe on the toilet paper, it's always mildly slimy. Is that mucus?

Have the smell of your stool changed?

Im hoping it's just IBS
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »
The tingle is on my left. I always have mucus too when I wipe. Most of the time. And the smell seems a little strange to me but I'm not sure... I'm just really freaked out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:46:50 AM »
The tingle is on my left. I always have mucus too when I wipe. Most of the time. And the smell seems a little strange to me but I'm not sure... I'm just really freaked out.

I have that too when I wipe, (it may go on for every bowel movement for months and months - my movements are usually hard) and then it will stop.   or sometimes a few hours after a hard bowel movement instead of passing gas I'll pass some yellowish jelly like substance. That has nothing to do with your stomach or stomach cancer.  That stuff is produced in the large intestine or anus - to make stools easier to pass.  Are yours hard when it happens?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »
My GI physician told me that stomach cancer is on the decline and that it is extremely rare in
individuals under 60.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
Actually the tingle in my back is on my right next to my spine a little below my shoulder blade. So I'm worried that a tumor in my stomach or somewhere in that area has been pressing and causing the tingling. The tingling has been going on for 6 months.

As for the mucus, I am the same as you. Sometimes it will just be gas and a yellowy gellish substance I pass without stool. Other times the mucus comes when I wipe with normal bowel movements and sometimes it's even on my stool. The upper stomach pains really has me worried. I didn't experience them this morning, though.

As if this isn't enough to worry about, I also have a new black spot under my big toenail that I got checked by a dermatologist yesterday. He said it's most likely not melanoma but I decided to get a biopsy so I am having that done on June 10. Basically, my HA is back. :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: