Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else suffer mainly from physical symptoms of anxiety?  (Read 135 times)

Offline BamaErin

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
About a year ago I started having symptoms such as ache in left side of chest (around and under my breast), increased headaches, left arm pain, dizziness, some insomnia, and shortness of breath.  These symptoms started worrying me about heart attacks and tumors and has lead to health anxiety.  My dr started me on paxil 10mg a month ago and it caused me to be so jittery and I think caused more headaches that I haven't been able to bump up to the 20mg therapeutic dosage.  She then suggested celexa and I have been thinking about taking it but am scared of the heart related issues I have read.  I have mitral valve prolapse and am not sure I should be taking that medication.  I also know a lot of these symptoms could be caused from MVP.  But I can't just accept that this is how I will feel the rest of my life.  I'm miserable.  Everyday I worry about these pains I feel in my chest and left shoulder/arm.  I can't shake it.  I feel like I'm not a good wife or mother anymore.  More then anything I just want these symptoms to go away and know/believe I'm healthy and going to live a long time.  Anyone else feel that your physical symptoms are ruining your life?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else suffer mainly from physical symptoms of anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »
Yes, I feel the symptoms I am experiencing are definitely ruining my life.  I can't focus on my husband or my daughter. I feel horrible all the time.  Presently I am going through a lot of testing to see if some of this is due to something physical.  I sure hope  not.  Life feels scary to me now, and I used to be happy and enjoy myself. 

I hope you feel well soon and just know you aren't alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else suffer mainly from physical symptoms of anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:45:08 AM »
To me the worst is the dizziness.  I get a wobbly feeling in large open spaces.  I feel like I need a shopping cart to balance myself in stores.  Its not ear related or blood pressure related so it has to be anxiety, its amazing how the mind affects the body. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: