Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: terrified of going to the doctors  (Read 288 times)

Offline Lucinda_x

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
terrified of going to the doctors
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:13:56 AM »
I havent been to the doctor in a year after I got my anxiety..I didnt actually get it diagnosed but im so scared that if I go they will tell me I have something terrible wrong with me. I keep havig to reassure myself that im actually a lot better therefore I dont have to see one but the fear is always there. I have to book an appointment soon because my mum told me to.....has anyone got a way of dealing with this..im so scared :/
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: terrified of going to the doctors
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:54 AM »
Let us not lie here. Most of us don't like going to the doctors. I hold off for a long as I can. I hate the queue. But what is the worst thing that can be said to you? I think it would be that you have an anxiety disorder. Which is something we already know. They may do your bloods. This is all normal. Had mine done last visit to the doctor. The find nothing at all. Give you the obvious answer. It's anxiety. Well doh !. They are only there to help. Once you get told you have anxiety you can begin to work to make things right again. That's not a bad thing at all. The doctor may suggest therapy. Give you a name of a therapist. We have all been there. It is the first steps to helping yourself. You won't regret it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jane Sander

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:40:30 AM »
I can relate to a lot of what you are speaking of. I used to be absolutely petrified of going to the doctors. Nobody really likes going to the doctor (as Cuchulan mentioned) yet it almost always invariably helped me once I plucked up the courage to go.

Try to positively tell yourself you are going to go and it will all be good!

Bookmark and Share
I sometimes write for www.calmandserenity.com which is a resource site by a few members of Health Anxiety Forum to help sufferers of panic and anxiety.

http://www.calmandserenity.com

Proud Headspacer :P

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
totally can relate to you - you're not alone. i. myself, have not been to a doctor's in three years as of yesterday, actually, to be exact.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: