Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Left arm pain.......reassurance again  (Read 71 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Left arm pain.......reassurance again
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
I'm back.  :(  I've been dealing with high anxiety for over a week now.  It's all due to heart fears.  I've been having palpitations more and more.  I went to the cardiologist last week who said he thinks I have what is called PVC's.  Nothing to worry about.  However, I am getting blood work done and an echo stress test but not until next week.  I also wore a 24 hour Holter monitor last week but won't know the results until I have everything done.

Here is my stress/concern.  I have had this aching pain in my left arm.  I've had it off and on for years.  But, for the past couple of days, it's been almost all day long.  I have a couple of tender sore spots in my upper shoulder, too.  Plus, a tender spot in my upper mid left chest which a doctor once said is costochondritis but I don't think so.

Anyway, should I be so sickly worried over my aching arm?  What could it be?  I haven't injured it or strained it.  It seems fine when I get up in the morning but as I move around during the day it starts to hurt and by the end of the day, I have to get a heating pad out for my upper shoulder. 

My upper outer arm feels a little sore when I squeeze it and the rest of my arm just aches in different spots down to my hand.

I'm so worried that there is something really wrong with my heart and this is a symptom.  I've been having palpitations and feeling really jittery today, too.  Once again, mainly when I get up and move around.  Very weird.

I really need some reassurance.

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left arm pain.......reassurance again
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:11:34 PM »
If you've had the same pain for years then it's not likely to be your heart.

Do your best to relax.  There is an app which makes me feel better (also a heart worrier) it's called headspace.  Even the 1st 10 min lesson made me fell better and it's free.  Its a meditation app.

Give it a try.  Can't hurt!
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
Thank you!  I will go check that out right now. 

I keep telling myself that I've had this pain come and go for years but I think because my anxiety is already sky high, it's just making me worry more. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
Trust me - I've been where you are more times that I could ever to begin to count.  we need to rely on our docs, god, each other and ourselves!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Thank you!

I truly don't know what I would do without the support on here. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: