Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Waking up trembling  (Read 335 times)

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Waking up trembling
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
Anyone ever wake up feeling like their insides are vibrating almost? This has happened to me a few times and drives me crazy... I always check my pulse and it's normal, but I don't know what to think.i feel it I my chest, back, shoulders and arms ... Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking up trembling
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »
Hi MLB,

I'd like to make a suggestion that helped me when I'd wake up with issues first thing in the morning.  I changed my routine a bit.  If you wake up feeling that way, the LAST thing you want to do is check your pulse because then you are giving that feeling attention....the more attention you give it, the more it will stick around.  When you have that feeling, just tell yourself to get out of bed, you have things to do!!!  Get up and do something you otherwise wouldn't do first thing in the morning, like take a brisk walk, have coffee or tea on the patio, anything other than check your pulse and think about that feeling you have inside.  Odds are what you are feeling is an anxiety feeling and the less attention you give it, the sooner it will go away!

Give it a try and see how it works!!   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
It wakes me up out of a sleep during the night :(  I do believe it is anxiety related,
As I've been having slight sleep issues lately... Fun is ..
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
If that happens to me, there are certain yoga stretches that are good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
So world beat it has happened to you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Braveheart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:09 PM »
This happens to me. I've always had it, even as a kid. If I'm sleeping and I hear a noise outside that maybe startles me or gives me a fright, I wake up with my heart pounding and my legs shaking like mad, although they are not shaking to the touch. Weird!
Bookmark and Share

Offline carmella720

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »
How funny I just made a post about this the other day on the hypochondria page. I have been waking up tremoring and shaking lately, like my head is vibrating off my body. Have you been under a lot of stress lately? I know I Have. A TON> that's why I am asking. I went to, two neurologist this week and they really think it is anxiety related. I notice I tremble a lot during the day too. Like I have the shakes when reaching for something, changing my kids diapers, or just picking something up :-(
Bookmark and Share

Offline AshleyNova

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
I get this too and typically woken up from it. its worse in the AM but yes feels like my insides are shakinging like my arms and insides. crazy its not like it use to be mine lasted for a while when my anxiety was bad. I still get it from time to time, right now dealing with chest pain :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ECee

• Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
Yeah, I get this, especially if anxiety wakes me up too early. If its in the middle of the night I stay in my room and sit up in my bed or walk around my room. Like some has said it's good to get up to shake it off. For me it feels worse when I'm laying down. If it's morning I'll just get up, because knowing my anxiety, it won't let me go back to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:58:26 AM »
I am not sure if you may be having what I had for a long time - Nocturnal Panic Attacks - I kept waking up trembling and also gasping for breath at times when it got really bad.  This was about 20 years ago, and they prescribed Diazepam - to treat what was known back then as "Night Terrors".  Thankfully, it put an end to this anxiety problem.

Also, Sleep Apnea may play a role, in the last 6 years, I started to have similar problems - waking up in a very nervous and shaky state, but it nothing close to the "Nocturnal Panic Attacks" of my youth, but it was still high anxiety and shaking - my doctor recommend that I get a sleep study done, and sure enough, I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea and followed the doctor's orders.

Since then, I had wonderful sleep and feel so much more rested...

Just a thought - if it continues to for over a month - I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor.

Hope you feel better  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: