Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this Dissociation? Or my thoughts caving in.. Childhood Experience + Now  (Read 105 times)

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone. Ever since I was younger, I would sometimes sit and concentrate about life and how I was alive. Almost like I was concentrating to the back of my mind, if I was looking at something, I would really concentrate on that thing, and then I would feel like I was just a *thing* looking through eyes. Then all of a sudden, I would feel a really strange feeling like shear panic and unfamiliarity. I wouldn't feel like myself anymore and I felt like I had debugged life's code and I can't go on. Nothing feels real, nothing feels right. Sometimes I would get tunnel-vision. It's strange because I was petrified of realizing that I... Was.. Alive? Then I would distract myself from those awful thoughts, and I would return to normality.

But what if NORMALITY *is* that feeling?

This leads to more anxiety.

Has anyone else felt this way?
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
You ever look at one spot for a long time? You would begin to feel the exact same way. You were simply deep in thought and let yourself slip a bit. It can happen. Some people may class it as depersonalization. It is part of anxiety. You distracted yourself and you were back to normal again. That is a good thing. It shows distraction can work. Next time simply remember the distraction methods and use them to bring yourself back from where you are at.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue