Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to forum but suffering huge  (Read 118 times)

Offline goodband34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to forum but suffering huge
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »
40 year old male. I've suffered for approximately 15 years. Was on Effexor for 10 of those years, finally felt it was time to wean myself off it because I was in a pretty good state. After being medication free for around 6 months I feel my anxiety and depression has come back even worse. My doctor prescribed cipralex. Took it once and had brutal side effects. Dizziness and slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day. Going to the doctors today to ask for Paxil which will hopefully help. I really can't take it anymore. I workout 5 days a week, eat great, have a great family. I'm in a rather high stressful sales position as a career so I know that might be the trigger (although I've been told that I'm pretty good at it).
But I am still stressed beyond functioning properly. I'm tired all the time (Wake up usually between 3-4am every morning. As a result of my anxiety and depression issues I have IBS so that causes me to stress out even more. Just really scared that the Paxil will give me bad side effects that I've researched about on-line, the worse being weight gain and lower libido. Can't take much more of this, my anxiety is effecting every thing I do from me not wanting to hang out or even talk to my friends to not functioning well at work. (Can't even think clearly anymore)
Just hope eventually something or someone will eventually help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to forum but suffering huge
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
Hi, welcome to the board.  I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with issues right now.  The discussion board is a good place to find
some comradery.  There's also a chatroom here.

I've dealt with generalized anxiety for 5 months. Taking buspar. Have also dealt with depression.
Sometimes I find some help thru ACT therapy (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).  It's interesting you work out
5 days a week because physical exercise can help anxiety.  Also yoga and deep breathing.

Dwight
Bookmark and Share

Tags: