Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MS fears  (Read 171 times)

Offline hoov22

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
MS fears
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
I haven't been worried about MS for a good few years...but my symptoms over the past few months that haven't gone away have got me back here again. I have forearm pain and my thumb and index finger often shake and feel weak. often my hand will sightly tremor if I hold a cup or glass and there is pretty much a constant buzzing, twitching or even an electric shock feeling in my forearm and hands. It extended to my lower left leg too...the buzzing and weakness feeling...shaking almost. I have had times when it hasn't been as bad as others...definitely comes and goes...but this problem has been persistent since about Sept 2013. I am now worried coz I have a nerve feeling in the tip of my index finger...no pain...just a nerve feeling. I am really worried about MS....anyone have any advice for me please??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MS fears
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »
I would see a dr. I don't think that's what it is. Could be Anything.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline hoov22

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 05:57:41 AM »
Thank you. I the reason I haven't mentioned it to my doctor is because it seems to be worse some times and not as noticeable other times....and it's also really difficult to explain...and there's always a new symptom. It's just that it's all on one side of the body and it is still there and concerning. What else could it possible be???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niugi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:44:32 AM »
I made this video yesterday,. i highly recommend you watch it. I had the same symptoms and fears as you did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsVivNgmpc
Bookmark and Share

Offline hoov22

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
Hey niugi (you're a fellow Aussie :)
Thanks heaps for posting this. It is great to be reminded of everything you have said. I'm impressed you got an MRI and got to see a neurologist so quickly! I saw one in 2010 and it took 6 months to get in! Noone has ever suggested any kind of ct scan or MRI...but then again I haven't presented with these newer symptoms...especially the shaking. I hate the shaking. Internally I am buzzing and humming and then there's an electric shock type feeling...aching in the forearm...I frigging hate it. I wish I could get a MRI and be told conclusively...I think I'm almost too scared to get one done! What kind of tests do they do? If they were do sure you didn't have ms prior to your MRI...how did they know??? How can they be so sure by looking at you? I've had not all but some of these symptoms for over 10 years and got used to the familiar ones..the trembling is new and the worst symptom for me coz it simply doesn't seem to ever truly go for longer than a day. I recon a follow up video would be great! Good on you for making this!!! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: