Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, I am Bobert, and I am losing my mind  (Read 121 times)

Offline Bobert

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I am Bobert, and I am losing my mind
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
Hi, I am Bobert. I am 18 years old and male. I believe that I suffer from multiple anxiety disorders. It all started 3 years ago. One day I was on a family trip, was very tired, and experienced terrible sleep. Next day, I woke up with this huge amount of fear, depression, and anxiety. I lost my sex drive completely. I used to be driven insane with my extremely high libido but it just vanished overnight. I started having obsession about losing my sex drive. I haven't regained it till today sadly. Then my anxiety branched out a little more. I started having social anxiety which I somewhat overcame. Anxiety is crippling my life. It kills my mood. It killed my drive to do anything. I have been trying to overcome the anxieties without therapy because I come from a poor family. I overcame most of my social anxiety, and I am also less obsessive. My anxiety levels have been low the last few months; however, this week, I started seeing a very attractive girl. When I was about to kiss her, I started to worry that it won't be good. My anxiety levels hit a roof top. I could not enjoy the kiss at all. I started having a dry mouth which made things even worse. Since that kiss, my anxiety levels have spiked again to extremely high levels :angry:. I keep getting random anxiety attacks and having a sinking feeling in my chest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I am Bobert, and I am losing my mind
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:19:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Bobert

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
Thank you. I will take that in mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
Hi Bobert,

So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.  You say you aren't getting the help you need because you come from a poor family.  Please contact your local health department or school counselor.  Often times they can direct you and help you find free counseling services.  Know that there is help out there, regardless of income...It may take a bit of searching to find it, but don't give up the search!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline dontknow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:54:08 PM »
Hi Bobert,

I honestly think that if you really like this girl you should tell her you suffer from anxiety problems. I know it is difficult, but it does help the process. If she is worth your time and is a person you would want to date, she is going to have to understand that you have anxiety issues that you are actively working through. You may also realize that after telling her it may relax you, possibly making you feel more comfortable around her.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiet OCD GAD