Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and breathing  (Read 116 times)

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and breathing
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »
Does anyone suffer over breathing with your anxiety? I feel like I breathe all the way in and I don't exhale.....or something. I am constantly yawning or trying to get a deep cleansing breath. It's scaring me and making me  exhausted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and breathing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
Hi andrea,  I think this is a common issue with anxiety - I hear about this alot on the forum - I know you are not alone!!  This is not a common anxiety symptom of mine, but I do get it.  And I find that the more I focus on it, the worse it gets.  Sometimes I think it is because my muscles are tense.  I carry alot of tension in my neck, shoulders, ribs so I try to stretch and deeply breathe (deep, diaphramic breathing is supposed to help your chest, back, neck muscles relax).  Distraction helps, because, again, the more you focus on it, the worse it gets.  I also exercise and I do not have breathing issues when I exercise (I can exercise without any noticeable breathing issues).  I have to keep reminding myself that if I really have a breathing issue, I wouldn't be able to exercise the way that I do and feel fine afterwards.  Hope this helps
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Tags: