Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Period like cramps when lying down, after eating, drinking - ovarian cancer?  (Read 215 times)

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So for a while now I've been getting period-like cramps when I go to bed - I sleep on my stomach, and I've usually eaten within a couple hours of going to bed.  If there's no food or drink in my stomach, I don't get the cramps.  I've been assuming that it was just a new IBS symptom, ovarian cysts or endometriosis, all things I do have or tend to have.  But ever since my friend was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer I've been worried that it's a sign of that.  Sometimes I get them after eating/drinking even if I'm not lying down.  I don't get full easily, though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety can cause pelvic pains. I know this after experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It sounds like the cramps you are getting is somehow related to eating/drinking.  It may be that laying on your stomach is just aggravating your digestion.  There could be many reasons and even anxiety over your worry about ovarian cancer.   I can completely understand your worry due to your friend, which I'm so sorry to hear about. 

Sometimes I get cramps at different times during the month that feel like my period is starting and then it just disappears.  Another cause could be hormonal.

I hope it stops and you feel better.

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks guys :)  Being able to just voice worries really helps a lot.  I'm past due to see my GYN (no psychological reasons for putting it off; I just freaking hate the exam!) anyway so I'll ask him when I go.  I'm trying not to worry because I know it could be from a number of things and ovarian cancer is unlikely - I just turned 31 this week, no family history.  But I worry.  (Obviously...haha.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry to hear about your friend, I can very much relate and see how that could be worsening your fears. However, the fact that you can pinpoint a very likely cause - eating - would suggest either IBS, or possibly an allergy or something. Laying on a full stomach is also very likely to cause cramping. Hopefully you'll get some answers. It doesn't sound like anything worth worrying about though, so try to relax about it until you can see somebody about it :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: