Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Confirmed: I don't have MS…. But these are the symptoms i have….  (Read 313 times)

Offline Niugi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I made a video for you guys on here about that symptoms i have that are so close to MS. But i have had tests done from the Doctors & Neurologist to say that i DONT have MS. Its just a piece of mind for you guys. Hope this helps yous :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsVivNgmpc
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 20
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello Niugi, and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Niugi, I thought that the YouTube video that you made was excellent!  Thank-you for sharing your story both with me, and the members of the site that will have the pleasure of viewing it.  It is truly amazing just how powerful the human mind is.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone my Aussie friend.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This looks like it could be fantastic reassurance for those that fear MS. I have most of those symptoms myself, particularly the twitching. Ugh is that horrible! Fortunately MS is, for some reason, one of the few things I've never feared having!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It's awesome of you! :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline madmexican808

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I made a video for you guys on here about that symptoms i have that are so close to MS. But i have had tests done from the Doctors & Neurologist to say that i DONT have MS. Its just a piece of mind for you guys. Hope this helps yous :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsVivNgmpc

how much did it cost you total for tests?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niugi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Free..... I went public & waited a for ages while i was on the waiting lists
Bookmark and Share

Offline mmd

• Poke This Member
Thank you SO much for making this video. I don't have a fear of MS (not right now anyway  :angel-smiley-006:), but mine is a horrifying fear of brain tumor. Yes, I google for hours about my symptoms and I'm now convinced these little symptoms I have are because I have a one. It's like you said, I'm 110% sure I have a brain tumor. I'm really scared because my doctor scheduled me for a brain MRI because I had "enough symptoms" that it would give him and me peace of mind if I had one done. He did reiterate though that he didn't think I had a brain tumor. I admit he's right about getting it checked though. Even if these headaches and other worrisome symptoms went away, next time I had a headache my fear of brain tumor would come roaring back if I never got the MRI.

Yeah, I still think I have a brain tumor because why else would I have these symptoms? And come to think of it, he didn't even look in my eyes, so why does he think it's unlikely I have one?

I really can't stand this. It's really like being tortured in the mind.

I hope my outcome is as good as yours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline menboong

• keep on keepin' on
    • Poke This Member
Sincere thanks for making this video. I personally don't have MS fears, although I have many others, but it helps to see an example of just how powerful the mind can be in convincing ourselves we have all these horrible diseases. Stay strong!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrpig

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Niugi,

This is my first ever post on any forum related to Health anxiety. I too have convinced myself I have MS, and just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make such a great video. You spoke really well and have almost the same situation as I have. I guess we all need to put trust in doctors when they tell us we are fine. But there will always be that 'what if...?' Our minds are our best friends and worst enemies at the same time.

;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niugi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No problem mate. Im happy to help thats why i made the video :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I haven't had the MS fears so much with my symptoms, but I have the same issues with the Dr.  Been checked out and everything is fine.  Nothing to be concerned with... EXCEPT.. the Severe Anxiety.  It's still so hard to accept.

I have good days, and bad days.  (and sometimes 1/2 bad day followed by 1/2 good day)

My symptoms are more about facial and mouth numbness, neck pain, tightness around the front of the head, etc...

Anyway, thanks for making this video.  I do believe it will be helpful to many, if for no other reason as to know we are not alone in our weird symptoms and anxiety issues.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Confirmed: I don't have MS…. But these are the symptoms i have….
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »
Great Video. MS was my first big hypo fear, bur thankfully I eventually got over it like yourself. I still worry about plenty of other stuff, but I'm less about the googling now and more about dealing with the anxiety itself.

The mind is VERY powerful, my stomach has felt completely numb for a week now. I'm getting a spinal MRI soon just to be sure it's not pinched/trapped nerves or something, but it would not surprise me at all if it turned to be my anxiety. Ugh, it's tricky like that...  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
Re: Confirmed: I don't have MS…. But these are the symptoms i have….
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:48:31 AM »
Niugi, your video is amazing. i went through huge ms fears a few years ago,im over it thank god but i was totally convinced i had it and i have to say back then your video would have been a huge comfort to me, as i'm sure it is to many of the people on here who are experiencing these symptoms at the moment

best of luck  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: