Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor fear - have MRI scheduled. TERRIFIED!!!  (Read 180 times)

Offline mmd

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor fear - have MRI scheduled. TERRIFIED!!!
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »
I just have to let it all out to people who know what I'm going through.
I'm a 52 year old woman and I've had headaches almost every summer for 5 years and this summer is really bad. It's always on the right side of my head and my ear on that side feels clogged all the time. My face on the same side tingles sometimes too, and even my nose feels a bit clogged on the same side. So I google even thought I KNOW I shouldn't. Of course what I find is all about brain tumors. Yes, somewhere inside I sometimes think "Maybe I just get daily migraines in the summer from who knows what (air conditioning 24/7? Allergies?). But NO - THIS TIME it's a brain tumor. BRAIN TUMOR, BRAIN TUMOR is what I'm obsessed about.

I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was very high 170/100, maybe due to the panic I'm in. He thinks that may have something to do with the headaches. He says I don't have the signs of brain tumor (no weakness, no seizures, no real changes in my vision, walk ok, talk alright), but he said there's enough symptoms that he's sending me to get an MRI to put me and him at ease. He says "You'll be fine" - probably because I'm panicking so much.
I'm scared out of my wits. My leg and arm on the same side of my body is now feeling shaky too. My MRI is Wednesday night and I KNOW they'll find something horrible, or else why would I feel this way all on one side of my body?

It's so bad that I'm taking Xanax and started to throw out my stuff so my family doesn't have to go through my mess when I pass on.
I'm at a really, really bad place mentally right now, I think physically too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor fear - have MRI scheduled. TERRIFIED!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »
5 years of headaches I think you would be dead by now I it was a brain tumor. I've been dizzy for 3 months I'm finally seeing a neurologist tuesday. You'll be ok good luck !
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor fear - have MRI scheduled. TERRIFIED!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
LEt's face it - something as severe as a brain tumor is not going to only show symptoms in the summertime. It just doesn't work like that. You know what definitely can though? Allergies, as you said yourself. They can also cause all of the other symptoms you are describing. Have you been checked for dehydration? It affects a remarkable amount of people, and is so rarely checked for, yet it can cause horrible symptoms when prolonged. again, the fact that this happens mostly in the hot weather makes it worth considering, even if you feel like you're drinking enough; ask your doctor! Last summer i was so ill - constant headaches, weakness, chills and shivering, tingling. Guess what it was? Dehydration! I never would have guessed it myself, but there you are :)

Blood pressure that high can also cause headaches as you are describing. A brain tumor would not. It just isn't something the is specific to a particular time of year :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: