Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else do this?  (Read 203 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else do this?
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »
I'll feel fine completely fine one day. My anxiety is gone, my dp is not bad at all, ill have energy to do things, ill just feel good. Then ill start thinking about past anxiety attacks and how 'bad' they were or how its weird how they made me feel when now i feel great. Ill start thinking all these things about how i was feeling when i had my last attack, i dont know why i start thinking these things but sooner or later, ill of course start to get all my symptoms back and just like that, all my anxiety and the bad dp comes back full force. its like my brain wants me to have anxiety! i guess im so used to thinking about anxiety that its become habit to think about it even when im not having anxiety. That or maybe i just get really bored that ill start thinking about anxiety  :laugh3: Do you any of you do this too?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
Hi Shaggy...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on Anxiety Zone.  Welcome!

What you are describing is so very common, and classic.

My psychiatrist said to compare it to a rut or pothole in the road of your brain.  As long as you keep driving over it (thinking about the anxiety/panic attacks), your brain will never have a chance to fill it in and heal it.

There is also a phase called "line-of-sight".  Line-of-sight is good to remember is you are a motorcycle rider, which I have been in the past.  An old buddy taught me about it, and it is so true.  If you are riding along and you see a pothole in the road, your brain will automatically steer you right to where your eyes are fixed, namely the pothole.  So when you see something in the road that you want to avoid, such as a pothole or what have you, you should immediately take your eyes off of it, thus changing your "line-of-sight".

The same holds true for anxiety/panic attacks.  You need to do all that you can to stay away from them, their memory, stay away from that rut in the road (brain), and let it heal.  Keeping busy, busy, busy, really helps.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Shaggy.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »
Totally, yes I do. We can have our good days when still fighting anxiety. but we are still obsessed with anxiety cause we are still anxious.

I liken it to being stuck on an ex or something, you may have a day or two where you go out and have some fun with friends, and you're like "oh, I'm so over him/her, I can't believe I felt so upset about it". then maybe a week later, you get to feeling down again, and realize you're still stuck on your ex.

Basically, I think we still think about anxiety, cause we still have it, when we don't have it (so bad) we aren't thinking about it so much anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »
Yes. yes.  I experience something similar.  Those intrusive thoughts that seem to "magically" pop up when you have gone without them and they are so frustrating.  I have to immediately recognize the thought and try to stop it before my mind gets too entrenched in it.  Like literally tell myself to stop thinking this and change the thought.  Its not the anxiety that gets to me the most, it is the fact that I even fell back in to these intrusive thoughts that really makes me feel bad.  The fact that I was fine for a period of time, and then got some random, anxiety provoking thought that changes my mood - I get more upset about that!!  Basically, you aren't alone.  MobileChucko offered some awesome advice.  I think that recognizing the thoughts and quickly moving past them helps and will cause the frequency to decrease over time, especially if you are working on your anxiety overall.  I have noticed a decrease in frequency but these thoughts and reactions haven't completely gone away.  I still have hope though!

Welcome to the AZ.  I will tell you, so much that I have learned in healing from and handling my anxiety, I have learned from this site.  There is so much good information - you just have to search and sort through it.  Hope this helps! 
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
hey! thanks for the replies and the welcomes, i really appreciate it :)
the way you guys put it really makes sense and ill will try to not think about it when im feeling good anymore but thats easier said than done  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share