Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: HIV Fear  (Read 145 times)

Offline RodSS

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HIV Fear
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Hello there,

I'm from Portugal and i'm here calling you because i'm really afraid and developed some anxiety with this question. About 3 months ago i've been in a "risky" situation (one time situation) with my girlfriend. Before me she only had a boyfriend that tested himself for blood donation and were negative, after 2 years of being together she tested herself with a 4th generation test and for other dts and were all negative. My question is (I'm assuming that she has something when nothing appoints that, but ok...).. I've made a 4th generation test with 11 weeks (74 Days), a rapid test with 12 weeks (81 days) and another rapid test at 13 weeks (91 days). My question is, should i be worried about a 6 month window or can i proceed with my life? (it's stupid but i remember that i'm assuming that she has this.....)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HIV Fear
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:32:26 PM »
It's a very low risk situation and a hard virus to catch in most situations anyway.  Just live your life. 
Bookmark and Share

Online rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
I agree with molly. What you're worrying about is so very unlikely. It's also based on an assumption in the first place, which is never a wise idea. Just live your life, because you'll only regret any time you wasted worrying :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline RodSS

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Thank you very much... She done the test already and was negative... I guess that this is all psychologic... I will call it Mind HIV!
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 94
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
So you had sex with an non-infected person who has only had sex with one other non-infected person? If there's no virus, there's no virus. End of story. You don't have HIV.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »
Safe sex is ALWAYS important however you sound extremely low risk AND HIV transmission from female to make is much less likely because the male penis isn't as delicate as the female vagina. Trauma would have to be done to the penis resulting in an open wound to pass infection (or so I have heard) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline RodSS

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 04:55:58 AM »
She said that before me, 3 or 4 months before she did all the testing for the dts as routine exam and were all negative. Last week she made again as rapid test and were negative. But i just cant pass this, because in my head i'm infected with this and i dont know what to do...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: HIV Health Anxiety