Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 54 times)

Offline Gman2448

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:25:37 AM »
I am a newbie and need some help.

My problems started years ago, around the time I was 12, I'm 25 now. I thought I would have every disease in medical history depending on a little pain or other small, ridiculous things. After many doctor visits, blood work, and tests, I feel better in that since knowing everything is normal.

Now to my current issue, I started working nights a little over a year ago. First time ever. The first few weeks went by ok. Then came the sleep issue. I hated going to sleep during the day. I would lay down around 10 and still not b out by 3. I would eventually get 4-5 hours but feel like I got none. So I made my biggest mistake, I looked up Insomnia on Google. I came across a disease labeled Fatal Familial Insomnia and Sporadic Fatal Insomnia. This was about 10 months ago and it has paralyzed me since. Its 4:30 right now. Other than a little doze off here and there, I haven't slept in 22 hours. I feel tired but can't sleep. I have a 3 day weekend. My sleeping was great for about 2 months, until this weekend. I feel like I'm loosing my mind, anxiety has gripped me, and I'm almost scared to try to sleep for some reason. I wonder everyday if I'm going to sleep or not. Not being able to snooze at night terrifies me. The fear of this disease makes it even harder to sleep.

Thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Hi Gman. Welcome to Anxiety Zone! Glad you found us here.  I'm sure the forum will be of great help to you, as you will find a lot of other members here dealing with similar issues. The chat room is another great resource, and is available to members aged 18+. This can be accessed once three meaningful posts have been made on the forum. Take care and please remember, you are not alone.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Tags: new insomnia sleep