Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: is this derealization or brain issue?  (Read 144 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is this derealization or brain issue?
« on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »
I've been having a lot of anxiety lately I guess. I can't tell if what I'm experiencing is normal for anxiety or indicative of something wrong with my brain. For example, I just looked down at my hands and they didn't look like my hands, if that makes sense. Also sometimes when I'm driving I feel extremely anxious, like I keep questioning myself and wondering if I'm on the wrong side of the road. I don't know if this has to do with the seasons changing or what. Also I've been EXTREMELY irritable lately, when it feels like I'm anxious or having a panic attack, everything my girlfriend does will annoy me. The TV will annoy me. The cat will annoy me. I have to go into the other room and be alone until the panic subsides, and then usually the irritability will go away but still. If my girlfriend even tries to talk to me while I'm in a state of anxiety, I will just get so annoyed. I don't know what's wrong with me. Help? Please??
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: is this derealization or brain issue?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
Also forgot to mention I've been experiencing a lot of deja vu.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »
All I can really tell you is that everything you are describing can very much be a symptom of anxiety. Over the years I've come to learn that just about anything can be, even things you really wouldn't expect. You know you're getting anxious, and having panic attacks, so it's definitely reasonable to think that it is what is causing your issues. That being said, if it is possible for you to do so, I would still suggest seeing a doctor, and maybe seeing if you can have scans done. At the end of the day, only true testing can really put your mind at rest. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »
I actually get the same exact feeling. about looking at your hands and they arent yours. when im really anxious somtimes i look in the mirror and it doesnt even look like myself!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:37:16 AM »
Thanks guys, it really does make me feel better. I've been to the doctor a couple times but I've never told them about the deja vu or anything, I was afraid I'd sound like a worrier.

Does anyone else have input? I've been worried about this for awhile...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: