Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is it normal for anxiety to make you feel this way?  (Read 328 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it normal for anxiety to make you feel this way?
« on: May 24, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
Today, I've had so many attacks, I got to the point where I was just feeling sick, and like I couldn't take anymore of anything.

I'm still kind of reeling from how awful I felt like an hour and a half ago.

I just wonder if I'm ever going to feel okay again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it normal for anxiety to make you feel this way?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
Of course you'll feel okay again. I know how hard it gets when anxiety just seems to be constantly attacking you day after day after day. It's hard to keep going. Your body feels overwhelmed, and like it's going to give up, and it's hard to stop the mind from following suit.

You have to be positive though. When you're at your worst, then there are always more positive times to look back upon. With help you can learn to control these feelings, but if you let the anxiety get you down it'll be hard to gather the strength you need.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Yes, it is normal for anxiety to make a person feel that way.  I have felt that way so many times; anxiety and panic attacks can make you feel worn out physically and mentally---it can be a taxing fight to deal with that's for sure.

During my worst of times the book 'Hope and Help for Your Nerves' by Claire Weekes brought me much comfort.  Anytime I felt as you are describing you are feeling I would get under the covers of my bed and read that book.

I can say that at one time I was much worse than I am now, so it can and does get better, if that's any consolation.

Take care! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
Thanks again for the replies.

The anxiety was pretty awful the whole weekend, and I couldn't seem to shake it, which saddens me, as I wasn't so anxious the last time I went over for a visit.

I couldn't stop worrying about how I was feeling 24/7, couldn't figure out if I was tired, or hungry.. I seemed to be emotionally numb and just waiting for some kind of cue to know how I really felt.  :dazed: and constantly on guard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »
nomoretears - anxiety is very self consuming.  One of the best things you can do is to reach out beyond yourself - not easy to do when you are analyzing every sensation, every feeling, but reaching out and helping some one else really does take your mind off yourself.  Then you realize, for a moment, that you didn't analyze yourself and that you really are ok, that you really feel ok, even for a moment.  What can you do to take the focus off of you?  You don't have to be constantly on guard with yourself.  You are ok.  Tell yourself you are ok.  Repeat positive affirmations even if you don't believe them.  Even if you don't "feel" a certain way, think a positive thought, then another, and it will slowly have a positive effect on your emotions.  Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 11:50:28 PM »
It's terrible. I have to put on an act that I'm feeling ok around friends and family. I'm usually feeling out of breath dizzy, anxious, leg pain,  racing bad thoughts, random body aches and pains, numbness etc. life can suck sometimes.
Bookmark and Share