Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please help me?  (Read 182 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please help me?
« on: May 24, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »
It all started with severe anxiety that my frequent deja vu feelings I was getting was related to seizures/epilepsy after so much I have read online, now I am severely mentally ill everything feels surreal even normal daily things like eating/shopping etc do not feel real. I feel like I died and do t feel real even silly things like tv or life I question what does this do or what is this for? I am so scared I have completely lost touch with reality. is their any hope? Can I be cured from these intrusive thoughts? Is their anything like meds that will work? Or will I end up in a mental institution
Bookmark and Share

Offline quinnyhendrix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help me?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
Hey man,

I too deal with this problem, for about 3 months now and the feeling does let up.  you are not going insane and the intrusive thought will let up.   It's

called derealization and it usually occurs after large amounts of
stress.   

There isn't any medications to help with this although most doctors would prescribe a SSRI.

Just live your life as you usually would.  DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF!  Go outside smell the air, lay in the grass,  touch and feel the environment. 

A certain part of your brain has TEMPORALLY shut down to protect its self from further trauma(stress).   

You must show your brain that everything is fine.

There is HOPE and just remember "YOU WILL NOT FEEL THIS WAY FOREVER!" 

And just saying.  What helped me deal with this was going out and trying new things, pick up new hobbies, talk to new people,  go to bars(if you are old enough) just try and be as social as possible even if it means going by yourself.

Hope this has helped in someway
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
Seriously I have been put on citalopram if that doesn't help their is no hope for me I can't do this myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline quinnyhendrix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
If that is the case man.  I HIGHLY suggest you talk to a close family member or a friend and I would say you need to see a psychiatrist.   

The anxiety is telling you can't do this on your own.  I know what you are going through and I promise you that IT WON'T BE THIS WAY FOREVER.

Also medication takes awhile for it to start working properly.   just hold on in there!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
Listen to quinnyhendrix!
Get to a psychiatrist. There's nothing like telling your story to a qualified professional and having them nod and say, "You have such-n-such. I've had many patients with the exact same thing, here's how we treat it." Meds can take a long time to help. Keep going!
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:04:22 AM »
I was recently and still am under a lot of stress. I have all those same thoughts and feelings. They are very frightening, but I'm beginning to see a small light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up! Things will get better! Take all the advice from the above posts. When you're feeling really bad just come onto this forum. We're either in your shoes or have been. Fight!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:47:32 AM »
I can only reply from personal experience, but citalopram (Celexa) and later escitalopram (Lexapro) are the 2 SSRI antidepressants that almost silenced my intrusive thoughts and OCD.  I suffered for decades before they invented these medications.  I tried SO HARD to do it on my own in conjunction with therapy.  I too couldn't do it on my own no matter how hard I tried.  I was an OCD basket case.  I just hope the Lexapro works for the rest of my life and that I never have to return to that ODD hell!
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Tags: