Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: HIV fears  (Read 114 times)

Offline GeoDude

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HIV fears
« on: May 24, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm a teenager who is currently afraid of developing HIV because of a garbage picking incident I had, about a month ago. Last month I was doing some community service hours in the park, via picking up garbage. I was wearing a latex glove that day and i think I reached to far in and a throned plant stabbed my hand. Furthermore, I do not recall picking up needles or anything of that sort. After the initial puncture, i noticed 3 white bump on my hand that were really itchy and one red on my knuckle. The white bump disappeared in a matter of hours and the red one; in about a day or so. From that moment on, i have had a fear of getting HIV. I have not experienced any symptoms until lately. 

The symptoms i am experiencing are:
A skin rash ( I think this was caused by prolonged sun exposure)  the red dots are disappearing
Stuffy and runny nose
mild headache
I had a a sore throat for a day
increased heart rate
Sweating at night happened once ( probably due to the fact that i was sleeping with two blankets on a relatively hot day)
Non constant joint pain (Probably due to exercise)
I feel heaver ( i think the head ache is causing this)
Coughed once or twice

These symptoms that i possess are not disabling in any way and i can go about my day in  a relatively normal fashion. One more point that makes me think that I dont have HIV is that my dad experiences the same symptoms so i might of caught it from him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
Re: HIV fears
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:00:33 PM »
Hey GeoDude,

I think it would help you to read up on exactly how HIV is transmitted. By and large it's transmitted by way of unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner, or through blood to blood contact. You cannot get it by being stabbed by a plant. For that to happen, an HIV-infected individual would've had to have found the particular plant that stabbed you, bled all over it, and made sure to do it in a recent enough amount of time to ensure that the virus was viable when you found it. Logically, does that sound likely to you?
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Impossible. Do your research.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »
VARDNAS and NK904 are absolutely right -- an HIV+ person would have had to bleed profusely all over the plant needle within just a few minutes of you pricking yourself.  You DO NOT HAVE HIV, no way, no-how, not a chance, forget-abowd-it, nunca, absolutely ZERO chance of you having it.  I know it's tough being in your shoes, but those of us who are older and actually messed around WITHOUT protection back in the 80's and 90's and went through the testing KNOW the ways you can contract it, and what happened to you is NOT one of them.  You can stop worrying about this today.  Hugs!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »
HIV can only survive for a few minutes outside of the body. What ever poked you has probally been there anywaywhere from hours to weeks. You're fine

Live your life :)

Bookmark and Share

Tags: