Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Had a huge scare this morning...please help.  (Read 279 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Had a huge scare this morning...please help.
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
So I have had this scary abdominal pain (as I have posted on here before), for quite some time now on and off for about 2 years.  Lately though it has become much more constant.  But, this morning I was almost ready to go to the emergency room because this is what happened.  I woke up at about 4:45 this morning and I had the pain right above my navel...which I have had before, but it has never been there when I woke up.  I was laying in my bed for awhile hoping that it would go away, but it didn't.  It started to feel like it was getting worse so I sat up for a little bit and then it grew into a gnawing pain.  I then started to get the chills, and I thought I started running a fever, and I felt like I had to use the bathroom.

I did go to the bathroom, and that only brought me a slight amount of relief.  Eventually the chills subsided, and the pain has diminished to the point now my upper abdomen just feels full (almost like something is in there).   :(  I have not eaten anything all morning because I am so concerned that something is seriously wrong with me...even though I am hungry.  I'll have some mid-back pain, and lower back pain too.  Overall, I'm NOT losing weight, I'm NOT losing my appetite, bowel movements are normal, etc.  This pain though is really taking it's toll on me and I have been to doctor after doctor but either they aren't taking me seriously, or they just can't find something wrong.

This pain IS real, and it's scaring me to no end.  However, I want to add one thing...and I am wondering if you all think that this may be causing it.  (It may seem weird but please here me out).  I work at a fast food restaurant, and we have to make our ice cream cones ourselves by rolling them in a metal maker.  Well, one day I was making them and I misjudged how close it was to my stomach because I was pressing down on it, and I accidentally pressed it into my stomach REALLY hard.  It is almost exactly where the pain is today.  Could this be the culprit?  I'm sorry this is long but please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Had a huge scare this morning...please help.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »
I'm not sure but the fact that it hurts right where you pushed the cone maker into it sounds like it might be bruised and tender inside.  You are going to the bathroom so that's good, too. 

Have any of your doctors done an u/s on your abdomen yet? 

It really sounds like it's just tender from pushing in on it very hard.

Hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »
I am still having this pain, and I'm just at my wits end.  I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment for Thursday, since it's my only day off this week.  I'm hoping they can do an ultrasound on me because at least I'll have some idea of what's going on.  This cannot just be anxiety...something is going on and I am fearing the worst.

It's like, why me?  Why does this have to happen to me?  I have been unhappy for a long time now, and this is just fanning the fires.  But, if this was something sinister...would it come and go?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:41 PM »
I would think if it were anything serious it wouldn't let up and probably hurt more and more.   I bet it's just bruised inside and that takes some time to heal.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  You are doing the right thing by seeing a doctor.  It will help to put your mind at ease.

Hang in there.  It will be fine.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: