Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood in bowel movement  (Read 660 times)

Offline candaceb816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood in bowel movement
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
Hahah, so true! And yet another TMI, that area is a little sore so yeah I think it's hemms but I will deff keep an eye on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »
If you have stinging it could be a fissure, or yeah, a hemorrhoid.  I get fissures occasionally and there is SO MUCH BLOOD at times it's downright horrific.  It looks worse than the worst days of my period, and I have pretty heavy periods.  Once I had to sit with toilet paper pressed against it until it stopped bleeding and there was a big clot left behind.  These things can bleed like crazy. 

I never worried about it though because the tearing sensation and pain are pretty obvious when I have them, so there's no doubt where it's coming from!
Bookmark and Share

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »
I have had that happen!! Like this is the worst that it's been bleeding wise, and it was burning a lil and has been sore and itchy. But yeah, there was a decent amount of blood and it looked like I had my period! Which is what I thought at first, but I don't. Also, after like two wipes it went away and I went again later on today and there was none but slight pain
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyruinmylife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Hi
I kinda the same problem mine hole area kinda itch/pain/bright blood in paper and spots on poo after I poop hopefully Its a hemorrhoid
Bookmark and Share
i'm 24 with mild anxiety

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »
My GI physician said all rectal bleeding should be checked out.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
Good news it didn't happen again. Still get checked out and don't stress about a polyp. It's probably not and even if you did have one 90% of polyps are hyperplastic polyps which pose no cancer risk and are no more likely to turn malignant than any other healthy tissue on/in your body. It's just an odd warty growth that is common in the colon due to diet, genetics, etc. what stood out about your post was a clot? That's a little more worrisome with rectal bleeding. Are totally sure this wasn't your period? I sometimes spot or even has brisk bleeding the first day of my period but after wiping I can go several hours with out bleeding again until the heavy flow starts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 10:56:06 PM »
Lindsay, I never said anything about a clot. There wasn't a clot that I noticed anyway. It deff wasn't my period. Though I did have period cramps last night, but I'm about a week and a half away from having my period so I think I'm ovulating. Also, if it matters, my anxiety has been a lot worse this past week for some reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousMelBelle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 01:53:19 AM »
It's most likely a hemorrhoid, but any blood should be checked out by a doctor, just in case. Most things if caught early can be easily treated.
Bookmark and Share
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 03:19:47 AM »
The clot was me.  I'm not sure if it was just inside a hemorrhoid that burst (does blood collect in them?) or just a fissure that was bleeding super heavily, but a clot did pop out!  A good-sized one, too.  It never occurred to me to worry about it, for some reason!  This was years ago so I don't think it was anything dodgy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
I think the clothing could be due to colitis. I had a lot of bleeding in November that resulted in a lot go bright red blood in the toilet with a really bad diarrhea stomach flu. It lasted about 12 hours and every time I used the bathroom there was a lot of very very bright red in the lose stool and on the TP. I think it was due to the stomach bug I had because yes I have hems and had a small polyp removed but during my colonoscopy prep I had zero bleeding and I had extreme diarrhea (tmi) so you would think that would also cause bleeding. It could have just been total fluke. Most people see bright red rectal bleeding once in their life time. It's when it's recurrent that is worrisome and please don't even let your mind go to colon c right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kimdrah

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
Like others said get check to be on the safe side. But I will tell you that I've had blood fill the toilet from a hemmie before and I mean alot of blood. So it can happen.
Bookmark and Share
The Dalai Lama,was most surprised by Man.He sacrifices his health to make money. He sacrafices money for his health,he is so anxious about the future so he does not enjoy the present, he does not live in the present or the future,he thinks he will never die, then he dies having never lived.

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
I've now had to BMs that were completely normal and not a drop of blood, also I don't have any abdominal pain or anything.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: