Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Coming down from a panic attack  (Read 180 times)

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
Coming down from a panic attack
« on: May 24, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »
I've felt funky for the last couple days then all of a sudden laying on my couch talking with my roommate got the spins so bad bad I thought I was gonna black out. So then of course I started to panic and the adrenaline started to make me shake uncontrollably. I think its finally starting to wear off but now my head hurts bad and I'm afraid to get up because I think I'll get dizzy again and fall over. They told me the dizziness and vertigo was probably from my allergies. Been on allergy meds for days and this is the first dizzy spell I've gotten. So now I'm watching adventures in babysitting and listening to Claire Weeks while I lay on the couch. I hate being like this. I don't want to be so afraid anymore. I want to be like I used to be, 10 feet tall and bulletproof. I want my anxiety gone, I want my life back.
Bookmark and Share
“It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Coming down from a panic attack
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
Novo, allergies can make you fel very dizzy, and it's also quite possible, the posiion you were laying in stimulated you inner ear and your equilibrium to cause you to have an episode of vertigo.  I know people who have had vertigo and they ae given head positional exercises to do.

Dont be frightened.  Axiety is a terrible thing while you're going through it, but when you come out out of it, your life isthatmuch sweter and fulfilling.

ARe you on any meds beside allergy, and are you seeng a therapist?  Having someone to tlk to definitely helps.

Good luck

Julie

Bookmark and Share

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Coming down from a panic attack
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
Thanks Julie I am on xanax 3xs a day, and I am seeing a therapist. I also go in to see a psychiatrist on the 3rd. I've been working on not totally freaking out when I get dizzy or feel funky and then get a panic attack. Last night was way better than it could have been. A couple weeks ago I never would have been able to write a post or do anything for that matter mid panic attack besides cry and cling to my roommate for dear life. I don't feel great about having one but I do feel pretty good about how I handled it.
Bookmark and Share
“It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tags: