Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: High ALT, AST, and Bilirubin--REALLY SCARED please help [TMI]  (Read 502 times)

Offline aethermaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: High ALT, AST, and Bilirubin--REALLY SCARED please help [TMI]
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
Just as an update guys: I recently got the laboratory to release the results of my stool test to the clinic and everything was negative! I feel great and I know I'm fine so I probably don't have colon cancer which is nice. The only thing I should be worried about is my liver which I'm exercising and eating healthy for.

Thanks everybody for helping me out. You guys are all so kind and helpful. I need to learn to believe in others a little more than my own head. I'm going to try to enjoy my summer vacation now :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
Re: High ALT, AST, and Bilirubin--REALLY SCARED please help [TMI]
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Glad things are looking up!

I was going to post my thoughts on your liver.  I have PBC (Primary Biliary Cirrhosis).  Its an autoimmune liver disease that causes the destruction of the small bile ducts in the liver.  You have high ALP, but usually not elevated ALT and AST until you have some damage. 
The disease I have will not reverse itself due to the way the immune system continues to attack the liver.  Luckly I was diagnosed in stage 2, which means I may have a good chance at a normal life. 

However, if you have fatty liver disease, which I think you must have, it will heal itself.  You are doing the right things.  Once you get into cirrhosis you can't be helped, but I think you are probably fairly early on.

Glad you are feeling better.  Love your liver.  It controls so much of our health
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Tags: