Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colonoscopy cancelled/rescheduled  (Read 158 times)

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Colonoscopy cancelled/rescheduled
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »
It was supposed to be on Tuesday which would have been two weeks after my appointment with the gastro. Well, he had an emergency and now it's delayed another 2-3 weeks. Aside from my anxiety of waiting already, here's the other issue. I intentionally had it scheduled for Tuesday the 27th because that's the small window of time when my husband will be home to help with our daughter while I did the cleanse and to drive me home after the appointment. He leaves again in a week.

I am so upset that I cried when the nurse called to reschedule. She told me to call back when I could compose myself. I am just so sick and tired of being in pain and here they are tacking on another 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile, I am still losing weight and it's not intentional weight-loss. I was already anxious waiting on this appointment and now I have to wait even longer.

I get it, emergencies happen and doctors have lives too but it has been a very long 2 months with no answers and I was finally looking forward to getting some and once again, it's delayed. I'm trying to keep calm but it's just so hard to not be upset right now with so many unanswered questions. Not only that, I now have to find someone who can help me with my toddler and drive me home. I just don't know how to do this without my husband. This whole situation is backfiring and causing me even MORE anxiety than what I was already going though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colonoscopy cancelled/rescheduled
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
I feel for you -- that is sooo frustrating!  Shame on the idiot who said to compose yourself and call back (anyone that icy has NO business working for a doctor's office).  You have 3 options:  1) have your hubby advocate for you and get on the phone Tuesday (after the holiday) and DEMAND that the DOCTOR call him back; he should then tell the doctor that he is VERY concerned and his wife's pain is getting much worse, even if he must exaggerate a bit.  2) Send a letter via U.S. Mail, Return-Receipt requested and addressed to "Dr. ________ / CONFIDENTIAL".  The doctor will have to sign for it. In the letter, express your extreme shock at the way you were treated, and that you are in severe, worsening pain and it's unethical to expect you to wait for weeks. I wouldn't threaten malpractice, but using the word "unethical" usually gets their attention.  3) Have your husband (or a trusted friend / family member) take you to the E.R. and be admitted.  You will get all the testing done withint 24 hours, and probably have the results before you're discharged.  I too have a nonchalent, cold doctor (wait a minute... I've never actually seen the doctor, just a Physician's Assistant).  Although I don't know your symptoms, I'm praying it's not serious, and hope you'll keep us posted.  God Bless.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »
 :angel_bell:  Oh I forgot --- sending you a big, heartfelt hug!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »
I can't really hold anything against the doctor. His emergency is a family emergency and he's not even from this country. It's also not enough pain that I would consider it ER worth and I also can't really afford another ER bill at this point so I'm just holding out. We do have a family friend who is a surgeon at the hospital I go to though and I always name drop. It's interesting how much my treatment changes when I do. Sad really. My gastro also only does colonoscopies on Tuesdays, hence why there's such a delay. My appoint getting moved probably caused someone else to lose there's too. I would go to another doctor but I just can't sit through yet ANOTHER round of testing right now. It's exhausting.

I feel for you -- that is sooo frustrating!  Shame on the idiot who said to compose yourself and call back (anyone that icy has NO business working for a doctor's office).  You have 3 options:  1) have your hubby advocate for you and get on the phone Tuesday (after the holiday) and DEMAND that the DOCTOR call him back; he should then tell the doctor that he is VERY concerned and his wife's pain is getting much worse, even if he must exaggerate a bit.  2) Send a letter via U.S. Mail, Return-Receipt requested and addressed to "Dr. ________ / CONFIDENTIAL".  The doctor will have to sign for it. In the letter, express your extreme shock at the way you were treated, and that you are in severe, worsening pain and it's unethical to expect you to wait for weeks. I wouldn't threaten malpractice, but using the word "unethical" usually gets their attention.  3) Have your husband (or a trusted friend / family member) take you to the E.R. and be admitted.  You will get all the testing done withint 24 hours, and probably have the results before you're discharged.  I too have a nonchalent, cold doctor (wait a minute... I've never actually seen the doctor, just a Physician's Assistant).  Although I don't know your symptoms, I'm praying it's not serious, and hope you'll keep us posted.  God Bless.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: