I feel for you -- that is sooo frustrating! Shame on the idiot who said to compose yourself and call back (anyone that icy has NO business working for a doctor's office). You have 3 options: 1) have your hubby advocate for you and get on the phone Tuesday (after the holiday) and DEMAND that the DOCTOR call him back; he should then tell the doctor that he is VERY concerned and his wife's pain is getting much worse, even if he must exaggerate a bit. 2) Send a letter via U.S. Mail, Return-Receipt requested and addressed to "Dr. ________ / CONFIDENTIAL". The doctor will have to sign for it. In the letter, express your extreme shock at the way you were treated, and that you are in severe, worsening pain and it's unethical to expect you to wait for weeks. I wouldn't threaten malpractice, but using the word "unethical" usually gets their attention. 3) Have your husband (or a trusted friend / family member) take you to the E.R. and be admitted. You will get all the testing done withint 24 hours, and probably have the results before you're discharged. I too have a nonchalent, cold doctor (wait a minute... I've never actually seen the doctor, just a Physician's Assistant). Although I don't know your symptoms, I'm praying it's not serious, and hope you'll keep us posted. God Bless.