Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: is it ever too late?  (Read 110 times)

Offline lookingforthelight25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is it ever too late?
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
ive had chronic anxiety for two and a half years now, it feels like its irreversible even though my mother went through it for longer and ended up ok. I just want some reassuarnce that it hasnt been too long. i have started medications and further plan on therapy. i am in such a horrible place right now i just want too hear some reassurance that its not too late. i dont expect to ever be cured but atleast get treated to the point where i feel normal and caan live a normal life
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 162
    • Poke This Member
Re: is it ever too late?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:41:39 AM »
Two years is no time at all. We have some people dealing with it for 20 years plus. Suddenly they find they can do things again. Think it all depends on yourself and the work you are willing to put in. Some people just sit there and accept the condition and don't really fight back. Others believe they can beat it and have lots of fight. It is all down to us and how we face up to it. I sat around for years doing nothing. But then began to fight back. Am happy were I am at right now. So believe in yourself. There is always a road back.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline lookingforthelight25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: is it ever too late?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »
Thank you, and also, if my depression comes from my anxiety and I can't find an antidepressant to work, could a long lasting benzo like valium be smart because I know people say benzos can make depression worse but the depression is only there because of the anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Tags: