Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Increased zoloft.....  (Read 544 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Increased zoloft.....
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:05 PM »
So how are you doing?

I'm doing fine, thank you for asking.  :happy0151:  Like everyone else I have the odd bad day/week, but keeping busy keeps the mind gremlins at bay most of the time.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
Feeling down :( the side effects aren't too bad but I feel as though this won't pass
Took ambien last night again because I didn't want to risk not sleeping
Feeling so tired at work :( don't thinkni could nap even if I go home
Just need someone to tell me it gets better
Does it get better?
Still anxious on and off mostly in the am and pm but it better than it has been
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
It absolutely does get better. My side effects lasted for weeks. My sleep was bad, my appetite was gone, I had horrible anxiety. I was certain the Zoloft was going nothing but bad things to my body, but Ian told me to stick it out and I did. I'm so glad I listened to him because it was like, one day, a switch went off and the side effects were gone and I felt so much better!

Now I only get mild side effects when I up my dose. My sleep gets bad for a few days but then returns to normal.

You have a lot on your plate right now so it is understandable that your anxiety is high. Just give the Zoloft more time on the therapeutic dose. And don't be afraid to go up to 75 mg if 50 mg isn't working for you. I didn't feel too much better until I went up to 75 mg.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Thank you!
Right now I'm only at 25 mg because I want to increase it slowly
I think my anxiety is mostly from not being balanced yet and not too much from the zoloft
The only really truly bothersome thing I'm dealing with now is not sleeping well but I'm told many pregnant women go through pregnancy insomnia so I just don't know if it's pregnancy or zoloft :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
Oh yes, I had a lot of sleepless nights when I was pregnant, and I wasn't on any meds at the time.

At this point it doesn't really matter what is causing the insomnia for you. Try not to dwell on it. Sleep will come eventually no matter what the cause.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 08:49:37 AM »
Thank you!
I'm just wondering, I took ambien the past three nights in a row
Do I need to taper the dose from 10 mg to 5 mg or will I be alright to try and not take it tonight?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
I'm just wondering, I took ambien the past three nights in a row
Do I need to taper the dose from 10 mg to 5 mg or will I be alright to try and not take it tonight?

No. You'd need to take Ambien nightly for several months before dependence became an issue.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:42 AM »
Increased zoloft to 37.5 this morning! Hopefully once I get to 50 mg things will start to balance out more
Felt really sleepy after taking it and went to relax back in bed but didn't really fall asleep
Didn't sleep too well either last night but felt some anxeity on and off and been feeling more down these past several days which made me think it is time to continue increasing the zoloft
Wish I could see the new psych sooner :/  I just want some reassurance that increasing my dose is the right thing to do but I think it is since my anxiety and depression, though a bit better hasn't fully gone away.... Ian what is your advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »
I just want some reassurance that increasing my dose is the right thing to do but I think it is since my anxiety and depression, though a bit better hasn't fully gone away

IMHO, it is the only thing to do. There is little point in taking a med at sub therapeutic doses. For most even 50mg isn't enough to adequately control anxiety levels.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »
Anyone else just feel blah and off while adjusting to zoloft
It's weird because I don't feel horrible I just feel like I'm not enjoying too much and still feel anxious periodically throughout the day. However, the anxiousness is not awful or extreme
I just want to feel myself again
I don't get much excited over things like I used to but I guess this too shall pass?
I guess I just have to stay positive and know it could be a lot worse and that I'm doing okay
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
I don't get much excited over things like I used to but I guess this too shall pass?

It usually does though this isn't a guarantee, plus I wouldn't read too much into how you're responding at this early stage and while still on a sub therapeutic dose.

Are you planning to stay on Zoloft after giving birth or to switch back to Celexa?

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
If the zoloft ends up working for me I will stay on it for as long as it continues to work.... The celexa was not being as effective as it used to be anyway and I was on it for 12 yrs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »
So fourth day on the increased zoloft dose and a couple hours of taking it I'm feeling nauseated :/ is it the zoloft? Does this mean I'll get more or worse side effects with a higher dose? Hope this passes
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
Well, you're pregnant, so that can cause the nausea. You also have anxiety, which can also cause the nausea. You are also on a higher dose of a drug that can cause nausea as a side effect. It can be any one of those or all of them combined. Whatever is causing the nausea, it will pass. The zoloft nausea eventually goes away (mine did completely after a few weeks), pregnancy nausea can come and go, and if it is caused by the anxiety, then it will also pass once the zoloft takes effect.

All the best!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »
Thank you!
I ate something and it helped! I just want the zoloft to work for me and I'm a bit impatient by nature lol
I'm only on 37.5 mg so I feel better big not myself again just yet
Bookmark and Share

Tags: