Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Increased zoloft.....  (Read 700 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Increased zoloft.....
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »
After 8 days I increased my zoloft from 12.5 to 25 mg this morning
So far so good just had some mild dizziness this morning an hour or so after taking it.... Should I expect an increase in side effects the next few days from the upped dose or is it possible that I may not experience any new side effects at all?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Increased zoloft.....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
After 8 days I increased my zoloft from 12.5 to 25 mg this morning
So far so good just had some mild dizziness this morning an hour or so after taking it.... Should I expect an increase in side effects the next few days from the upped dose or is it possible that I may not experience any new side effects at all?

Unfortunately, it is impossible to know. It could go either way. However, they are unlikely to be worse that what you've experienced so far and you survived them okay so there is no reason why you won't this time, so hang in there. It will get better.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:34:20 PM »
Thanks :) yeah I survived some pretty awful ones when I started the dose to high
So far I feel okay and am pleased to say that my mood and anxiety has gotten better
And when i do get anxious I'm better able to handle it
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »
Does zoloft cause palpitations in some people? The past two days since I've upped my dose I've been getting some heart palpitations and hour or so after taking it
I also had heart palps before due to anxiety but I'm not feeling anxious just wondering and will they pass as the medicine reaches a stable state?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
And increased sweating.... Not a bothersome amount but a noticeable increase
As long as these side effects don't signal a major problem I'm okay with them just want to make sure they are normal
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »
Does zoloft cause palpitations in some people? The past two days since I've upped my dose I've been getting some heart palpitations and hour or so after taking it
I also had heart palps before due to anxiety but I'm not feeling anxious just wondering and will they pass as the medicine reaches a stable state?

It may do, as can anxiety, plus palpitations are normal, but most of the time people don't notice them, however, those of us with anxiety often do as many of us are more attuned to physical effects. When it comes to the heart some chaos is good, is actually built into the system, so palpitations are usually a good sign. A perfectly regular beat, OTOH, is often a very bad sign (and before this frightens anyone, such regularity is only apparent on EKG/ECGs, it can't be determined by taking your pulse, etc, and you'd then have far bigger issues than just heart beat regularity).

And increased sweating.... Not a bothersome amount but a noticeable increase

Sweating is a common side-effects of most SSRIs, but Zoloft tends to be the worst in that regard. The skin and blood vessels use about as much serotonin as the brain. Among other things, it governs blood vessel tone, contractions and dilation, including of the tiny capillaries just under the skin and this affects the sweating response. It may or may not settle down as the body adjusts.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »
Yeah I have suffered from palp. On and off at times for the past couple of years..... Even wore a holter monitor last week ( didn't have any then) and just being checked out.... I've noticed them more since upping the dose of Zoloft and as long as they are not harmful I'm okay with it.....will the palps pass or increase as the med increases?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
I've noticed them more since upping the dose of Zoloft and as long as they are not harmful I'm okay with it.....will the palps pass or increase as the med increases?

People get very concerned about them thinking they signify heart disease, but this is very rare. They mostly don't get any worse the higher the dose, though they may for a while as a reaction to increased side-effects, and they usually settle down as anxiety is bought under control, but given they have been an ongoing issue for a while for you then they may not go away completely.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »
Yesterday morning i took zoloft later than i normally do around 9:30 am
I was up all night and don't think I slept at all.... Could this be from the increase or takin it later than usual? I was starting to sleep better but the last two nights were rough and last night I probably fell asleep really late around 4 am or even later and had to be up for work at 6:15
Don't know if it's the zoloft, pregnancy, or both
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
Yesterday morning i took zoloft later than i normally do around 9:30 am
I was up all night and don't think I slept at all.... Could this be from the increase or takin it later than usual?

If it was the Zoloft then more likely the increase than taking it an hour or two later.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
Okay thanks hoping I get back to a normal sleeping pattern soon... So frustrating since I never really had an issue up until a few weeks ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 12:42:45 PM »
Another question
So last night I took an ambien because I had such a hard time the night before and slept ok
This morning I experienced some heightened anxiety which I haven't felt since starting the zoloft 12 days ago..... Could this be from from in the increase 6 days ago or an after effect of the ambien? The side effects are not too bad I just want to be prepared and know what to expect
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
Could this be from from in the increase 6 days ago or an after effect of the ambien?

It could be either. Some people get heightened side-effects within an hour or two of a dose increase, for others this takes a week or two, and of course some never experience them. Antidepressants are anything but predictable.  :(

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »
Thanks Ian!
It's so frustrating and I'm not very patient :( Im wondering if I should up the dose to 37.5 this weekend but I also want to wait until I see my psych
I don't why I'm having such a hard time just waiting it out :/ maybe my hormone are playing a factor..... Just want to know I'll be okay
I also know that what I'm feeling could be because the dose is not a therapeutic one
Just feeling down I guess
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
Another thing.... U always help others and yet no one asks how u are doing.... So how are you doing? I hope your are doing and feeling much better than all of us on here always seeking your help!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: