Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared about breathing difficulties!  (Read 139 times)

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared about breathing difficulties!
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »
So normally during an anxious day you have trouble breathing but the weirdest thing is that i dont have trouble breathing.
more along the lines that i am getting too much air when im breathing shallow. my throat is dry. and i feel like it takes very little effort to breath almost as if im barely breathing at all, but im not dizzy and im breathing fine at the same time.

I am TERRIFIED thinking that my respiratory muscles or my diaphragm muscles are weak or failing on me! sigh! am i doomed. am i the only one who feels this way?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared about breathing difficulties!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
That definitely sounds like anxiety to me. 

You know, it's so hard for me to describe how I feel am I'm not sure if it is how you feel.  I feel almost like super excited inside to where I can't catch a breath.  I sigh A LOT.  I do that even when I'm not anxious but when I'm dealing with anxiety, I sigh a lot.

Is that what you are experiencing?  What you described sounds like anxiety, though.  I think it affects people differently. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:48:33 PM »
famv5!

thats how i normally feel when i have anxiety but this is different its hard to explain. i dont actually feel different like you normally would if your having breathing difficulties. it feels as if im barely breathing. like my chest barely moves. and i also get these random like hiccup type breaths where out of nowhere i just breathe in and kinda hiccup if that makes sense.

i am going through a major anxiety over neuromuscular diseases and i am terrified i have like weakened muscles. i actually had a mini spirometer test at my primary drs yesterday and i got a 92 on one part and 100 on the other which puts me of having the lungs of a 10 year old age wise which is good but jesus you would think that would take my anxiety away!
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 05:53:35 PM »
Wow...that is great news! 

It sounds like everything is just fine.  It's probably just something that you noticed that seemed different and so you've focused on that and now your mind is running with that. 

Just try to relax and maybe find something that will help to take your mind off of it.  You were just at the drs yesterday and everything was fine so try not to worry.   
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
yea it should be great news! but anxiety just takes over -_- i know its so hard to relax but im going to try and relax.

right now my muscles are so tensed up that is another thing worrying me! if only there was a destress button i could press!
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »
If you find that button, tell me where it is. (haha)  I would love an on/off switch. 

I know it's very hard to calm down.  I'm dealing with anxiety right now myself and all day I've been feeling like I've ran a marathon inside.  It's just horrible.  It seems like no matter what you do, your mind is still sitting in the background thinking about it. 

I'm so grateful for this website to be able to share with others and help support each other.  I hope you can find something to help you keep your mind occupied.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: