Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Set back after two months on zololft  (Read 670 times)

Offline comoso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Set back after two months on zololft
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »
OK, So is there something to this?  I had a great 2 weeks.  I'm at week 8 and I'm in the middle of a setback.  I guess it's all just part of the healing.  How are you setback buddies doing now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline OCD_intrudes_on_me

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »
I've been taking Zoloft for over 10 years now. I've been on 200mg since the beginning, and I still have setbacks. Zoloft is definitely not a cure of any sort, which you all know, but it has helped me get through some difficult times (I.e divorce, troubles at work, overcoming some of my social anxiety). I guess that's why I joined today. I don't mean to sound as if I'm reveling in your issues, but it's good to know I'm not the only one struggling. Thank you all for being here. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:55 PM »
interesting to read of others setbacks, I am going thru one too though today was better.  In the past I don't remember too many setbacks one the ad of the time started really working, but on the rare occasion where I would feel more than normal anxiety a bit of klonipin would quell it if taken as needed.  This time I am on 1mg klonopin daily, more if its really bad, and the ad meds haven't been as effective yet as in the past, but I cant say they are doing nothing either, since I have had good days and even weeks.  Still playing around with them trying to find the right one or right combo for me this time around.  I like myocdragons take on setbacks, it is hard to realize in the midst of one that it will ever get better and I do fear that it might be a full on relapse and that I am med resistant but then again, the worst prediction is most often not the correct prediction.  Plus I know well the morning thing, yes mornings are the worst, even on a bad day I know the evening will be better, on a good day it will be awesome. I do believe it is the cortisol level spiking at that time.  I have often wondered why there aren't drugs that target cortisol, also since it comes from the adrenal glands, if one of those was removed, would that help or fix anxiety (somehow I doubt it, or we would all be lining up for that surgery) by lowering cortisol levels?
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
I guess I really have a hard time calling it a setback.  My body has been in high anxiety mode for 10 months.  I had 2 weeks.  Weeks 5-7 that were great with little to no anxiety.  Week 8 I'm back like the previous 10 months.  Not as bad as when it all started for sure, but waking with dry heaves and then all day dread and anxiety.  Life isn't supposed to be lived this way.  I'm absolutely wore out on this.   Please tell me the rest of my life is not doomed...
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
I am much better now after having a setback a couple of weeks ago. 125 mg seems to be doing the trick for me.

Comoso, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I wake up with dry heaves too when my anxiety is at its worst. Go see your doctor about upping your meds or trying something new. My understanding is that anxiety has a very good track record of being treated with meds. Maybe the med you are on now just isn't the one for you. Your life is most definitely not doomed. You will get better once you find the right med/dosage for you!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »
My meds hisory...

6 months of up to 1.5 mg xanax per day

Switched to .5 klonopin twice per day and started lexapro.

Took lexapro for 10 weeks and never felt anxiety relief, had really bad headaches... Did wean to only .5mg klonopin daily during that time.

Now I've been on 50mg zoloft for 8 weeks tomorrow.  I went to 62.5 mg yesterday.  I'm absolutely feeling terrible today.  I went to work this morning and just have so much anxiety it's terrible.  I have to work until 8 tonight so I'm probably making it worse thinking about the long hours. 

Weeks 5-7 on zoloft were pretty good.  Week 8 ugg, back in the abyss...  I would like to think since it helped for a little while it will start helping again... 

I'm just so ready to throw in the towel on this.  One can only live in so much pain for so long...
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
My body has been in high anxiety mode for 10 months.  I had 2 weeks.  Weeks 5-7 that were great with little to no anxiety.  Week 8 I'm back like the previous 10 months.  Not as bad as when it all started for sure, but waking with dry heaves and then all day dread and anxiety.

I think your med dose needs to be raised.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything