Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: HEADACHES EVERYDAY........i hate living in fear  (Read 126 times)

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HEADACHES EVERYDAY........i hate living in fear
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
 :( :( :( :dazed: :dazed:

so this is definitely driving me crazy, everyday I get headaches, whether they be very mild to migraine painful. they are often accompanied by numbness, tingling and vision problems. i went to the ophthalmologist yesterday and was advised to return and get a retinal dilation to check for "retinal detachment" ....i was to embarrassed to ask her if it could be MS. i don't even know if its's headaches that's giving me anxiety, or the anxiety that's giving me the headaches. :(
help
ADVICE
A N Y O N E
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HEADACHES EVERYDAY........i hate living in fear
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
hey there!

You know i used to suffer from migraines every single day ( no lie) for at least a year! Luckily that was before i had anxiety so i didnt think much of it. It is very normal especially to have vision problems because you usually get that with migraines. you could even feel paralyzed with a migraine! If your scared about MS as your ophthalmologist if you can do the optic nerve scan if you havent already. its a two second scan where you look into this machine to see your optic nerve. (BTW, this also detects if you have retina detachment so that could be your excuse) My neurologist told me that is the optic nerve was good in the scan then no MS because MS usually affects that!

hope this helped a bit!
-jill
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HEADACHES EVERYDAY........i hate living in fear
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »
First of all, I am no doctor. So I cannot diagnose you. But since you are on a health anxiety forum, I can give you advice about anxiety.

...everyday I get headaches, whether they be very mild to migraine painful. they are often accompanied by numbness, tingling and vision problems.

All of these symptoms can be due to anxiety. If you find this hard to believe, you can take a look around here for yourself at just how many of us suffer from these symptoms. They are very common. Also, don't let the fact that you are having daily headaches make you think that it cannot possibly be anxiety. I thought this too. I didn't think it was possible that anxiety/stress can cause daily headaches but I was so wrong. My Father literally suffered from daily headaches for months and months because of depression which had caused him a lot of stress and anxiety. But they eventually passed.

...i don't even know if its's headaches that's giving me anxiety, or the anxiety that's giving me the headaches.

It is clearly quite possible that it is both. You could be in a vicious circle. You have health anxiety (otherwise you wouldn't be here, right?); one of the most common manifestations of anxiety are headaches. You get headaches which increase your anxiety - which in return makes your headaches worse; now that your headaches have become worse, this makes you more anxious again - and the cycle repeats.

When you start to believe that it is down to anxiety (if this is the case), the headaches will no longer become troublesome for you as much as they are now; that is not to say they will become mild - just that you will not worry so much about it. And you will start to find that the headaches will calm down.

It is good to remind yourself that the odds are that you have anxiety and it is because of this that you are getting these symptoms. And also remind yourself that if this is the case, regardless of how severe your symptoms are, they can and will pass. Symptoms caused by anxiety are always reversible.

But of course, always get a professional opinion just to make sure there isn't anything going on. But you also have to trust the professionals. It is never good to repeatedly seek reassurance from the doc because you are irrationally thinking that they missed something the first time.
Bookmark and Share