Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: my hpochondria fears are with neurological diseases. my story!  (Read 329 times)

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello all. I have recently have become an anxiety sufferer but it went beyond that and i do feel as if I'm leaning more towards being a hypochondriac. I constantly Google symptoms and i currently feel like i have some sort of neurological disease. Of course my brain would zoom into the diseases that are incurable! of course that's what we all worry about right. not the fixable things. Im going to try to keep my story as brief as possible but please to anyone to reads this! if you have ever experienced anything along these lines please respond. i have two little kids and i just want to be out of the fear that im going to become a vegetable and die before they grow up!

My symptoms started with awkward feeling in my right dominant hand, then i realized it looked skinnier, then i realized wow my whole right side of the body is skinnier, and i actually lean to my right a lot because my back muscles are smaller. i fear muscle atrophy, but since this began i have started doing little weight lifting around the house and im only getting stronger. i also feel like i have an awkward walk cant quite pinpoint it but i just know that it just doesnt feel right. my hands get stiff a lot especially in the cold. my handwriting even becomes sloppy at times. my throat goes numb from time to time and even though i swallow fine and dont choke i just cant feel myself swallow. i also feel like my breathing is weird at times. like shallow and doesnt take much effort to breath. the awkward feelings in my right hand and arm went away but a week ago i woke up with this internal body tremor or shaking that is mild and i can see it mildly when i look at my hands but i feel it everywhere and my hand movements feel just awkward and weird. i also feel like my arm is so weak that idk how im even holding some things but i am. my body feels very stiff and it is constant it wont go away! even thought i dont feel anxious. i do fear the worst always! my left arm feels slightly numb too and gets fatigued very easily and now the left side of my body is getting skinnier too. i have random sharp head pains as well.

I know these are a lot of symptoms but there are still more that i will leave out because they are the norm symptoms. i have seen countless of drs including a neurologist who did an emg on my tongue, right arm , right leg and left leg which was completely normal. i have had every blood test even specialized tests sent out to California to check dna issues and nothing except i test positive for lyme antibodies but i dont have lyme! but i still fear the worst! especially now that this tremor has appeared. please anyone who has any advice share! i will forever be grateful

thank you!
jill
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: my hpochondria fears are with neurological diseases. my story!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:47:56 AM »
If you got an all clear from a neurologist, you don't have to worry about a neurological disorder. 

Meanwhile anxiety can cause all kind of numbness, tingling, etc.  It can make your breathing and swallowing feel weird, and make you hyperaware of little things in your body that aren't a problem at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:04:05 AM »
I know its silly, but i feel like i see atrophy occurring around my body and weight loss :( its a terrible cycle and i twitch like crazy in those "atrophied" places
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 03:55:14 PM »
That's a sign of anxiety as well, the constantly examining and seeing huge problems that no one else can see.  I think you're right in your assumption that you do have hypochondria.  After all those tests especially, that seems like the most likely answer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »
Yea it just sucks that after all those tests something new always pops up after and then the worry cycle starts all over!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 03:06:12 AM »
I know how that feels :(  I hope you make progress with your anxiety! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
I've been anxious about having neuropathy for the past month or two and it has been the worst and most dibilitating issue in my life. I know how you feel as I too am reaching for answers hoping this nightmare will end
Bookmark and Share

Tags: