Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello! New to the site. suffering anxiety that mimics neurological disorders =(  (Read 141 times)

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone! I'm 25 years old and have 2 kids and a wonderful husband, but after my last birth (4 months ago) i have suffered through some severe anxiety that seems to mimic severe neurological disorders. Terrified i am i cannot shake the fact that i actually may have something seriously wrong with me. I have seen a primary dr, neurologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, dentist!, ear nose and throat dr, ophthalmologist. my symptoms started with :
-awkward grip feeling in my right hand
- then noticed right hand/arm was skinnier than left and my right is dominant arm
- then noticed that the right side of my body from my face to my foot was actually skinnier
- terrified over muscle atrophy.
- my throat goes numb from time to time and i cant feel myself swallow
- i feel like my speech is slurred at times and that my tongue just feels funny when i talk
-i twitch all over my body and get crampy at time and definitely tensed up!

after having 2 emgs/ncs that were completely clean it was like i woke up a new person. i had no more fear it was like all my symptoms just completely disappeared or at least i wasnt worrying about it! UNTIL

not even a week after my great feeling days have begun i woke up with a mild inside and mild outside tremor or shaking. i have experienced this before but only when i was anxious. well this has been constant although im not anxious! well after almost a week im getting anxious. why am i tremoring or shaking?!? of course my anxiety brain shoots to als! parkinsons! all the terrible diseases. =( it is worse in my left hand. it seems everything that happened in my right hand is now manifesting in my left now ugh! when will it end!

sorry for the long post but if anyone has ever experienced any of this please share some advice!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Jilllayy. Welcome to Anxiety Zone! I am sure you will find plenty of like minded members who can relate to what you are going through, and the symptoms you are experiencing.  I can definitely relate to a few of those myself.

The forum is a great help, as is the chat room, which is available to persons aged 18+, and can be accessed once you have made three meaningful posts on the forum.

Take care, and take some comfort in knowing that you are not alone.  :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thank you so much Jane134!

that makes me feel a little better already!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Princess23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi I just wanted to let you know that I have been suffering from inside and outside shaking on and off for the last 4 months and my grip keeps going weak in both of my hands with tingling in my feet, I also get dizziness, pressure in head and around my knees... I am like you was so scared I had something serious as I couldn't believe that anxiety can cause those symptoms on and off all day every day, but they do!!! You are not alone .. Lynn x
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you! That made me feel kinda better.

My new symptom today is my left arm feels extremely light and feels weird when i hold things in that arm like i will drop something :-/ my left leg feels funny as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline mammak

• Poke This Member
I'm so sorry you are feeling bad again. I get some tongue numbness at times from my anxiety. I would keep a journal of the ailments and return to the doctor if this doesn't subside in a week. I wonder if any other tests can be suggested by your doctor. Feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
Kendra :)

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you mamak

I have Had every test you can think of and nothing is even remotely off

Im trying to Convince myself its the anxiety but its hard
Bookmark and Share

Offline Princess23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
 :action-smiley-065: thankyou for your reply, can't tell you how welcome that was to read that as today I have awoke yet again with a dizzy head especially when moving.. It fills muzzy too and those little worry thoughts were starting to creep back in... I had a great day last Thursday no dizziness or shakiness and felt like I had loads of courage and didn't think twice about going into sainsburys in the evening by my self.. I felt so free it was great... So want to get back like that...  :yes:xx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: