Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Knee pain  (Read 101 times)

Offline PsalmSeven

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Knee pain
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:51:13 AM »
I'm 29 years old, underweight, not a runner or heavy exerciser, and I keep getting this ache in my knee right around the knee cap. A typical flare-up will last a few days and seems to be caused by or aggravated by sitting. It makes driving and sitting at my computer quite uncomfortable. The pain actually improves when I walk, and it totally disappears when I sleep or when I swing-- I take my kids to the park and swing with them sometimes, which of course involves a lot of bending and straightening my legs to "pump". But as soon as I leave the park and sit down the pain comes right back. I don't get it. Everything I've googled says the pain should be worse when I'm active, but for me the opposite is true. Nothing seems to match my symptoms. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions besides going to the doctor (I can't right now)?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Knee pain
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:39:22 AM »
I would try some OTC or herbal remedies and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:06:29 AM »
It's unlikely to be anything sinister, but this board isn't really the place for diagnoses.  I'd see a doctor to get an idea of the cause of your knee pain and the best treatment of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:38 PM »
Thanks. I did try an OTC pain killer which dulled it a little, and today I finally went to the doctor. They think it might be related to a hip & spine misalignment issue I've been having. I see a chiropractor every month for it; next appointment is tomorrow. But my regular doctor also wants to do an x-ray if it doesn't clear up in the next 2 weeks, which scares me because of the radiation (doesn't that cause cancer?) and I'm worried they might find some terrible problem with my bones or something. I don't even know what.

The weird thing about me and health anxiety-- I feel scared even when I don't have a specific disease in mind to match my symptoms to. Sometimes it's just the pain itself that scares me, the feeling that something's "not right", even if it's just a minor thing that can be easily fixed. I have no idea why I'm suddenly so afraid.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: