Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: First responders  (Read 274 times)

Offline ScarletDawn42

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First responders
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:30:48 AM »
I'm new to the site and searching for other first responders who can understand what I've seen and dealt with.
-Taylor
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: First responders
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »
What exactly is your problems? So other member might be able to relate to what you have. PTSD comes from a lot of things. To help others relate to your own condition you would need to tell a little bit more. I am sure you will find others who can relate. Both new and older members.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ScarletDawn42

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »
Thanks for the welcome : ) as far as what I've been through most of what I deal with stems from an abusive relationship. I managed to pull myself out of it, but certain things still haunt me. As far as my job goes there aren't many details I can really share, both for legal reasons and the fact that not everyone needs to know the graphic details. But I hope to find someone who can help me make since of what this job makes you become.
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
I'm sorry with what you've had to deal with.

I'm a volunteer firefighter and ambulance driver of 5-6 years. I am currently on medical leave due to my anxiety, which I initially thought was gastrointestinal (I was getting chest pains and had seen a Cardiologist already). Now I am trying to get back on track.

What first responders see would make most of the general public cringe. Carnage, bodies, people in danger and the fear in their eyes... Not every call is like that, but they are there. I've seen my fair share over the years and I am sure that it has, in some capacity, added to my anxiety. Plus the anxiety on top of it to make adequate time for trainings, a certain volume of calls per year, make meetings and everything else on top of regular life, because volunteering doesn't pay the bills (I wish it did!).

I was hoping, since high school, to get into law enforcement. The gun, the badge, the authority and protecting my fellow citizens from danger was something I looked forward to. Plus, it's a job that would've be a 9-5, just sitting at a desk poking away at computer keys (Which I kind of do now lol). But with my anxiety, I don't know if I'll be able to do such tasks in the future.

Anyway, I'm here if you want to vent.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: