Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: No Klonopin... Reality-Check.. Life Sucks right now.  (Read 193 times)

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
No Klonopin... Reality-Check.. Life Sucks right now.
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've been off of clonazepam for about three days now. I had gotten a re-fill to hold me off until my next doctors appointment as I believed my Zoloft wasn't really doing justice. After the first day it wasn't so bad. I'm sure the longer half life had some gain to it, but I knew I was going to be in for a loop. The second and third day (Today) i've had horrible headaches.

The second day I noticed:

irritability - communicationwise
vulnerability
Slight headache

Vivid, bad dreams.

Today I suffered a bad headache, still having a headache after two swigs of Jameson.. all of the nights that i've been off the Clonazepam I have had really vivid, bad dreams.

Today I kicked in a door, ended up having to replace the door, paint the door, and change the door knob. I was extremely irritable... physically. and very downing upon myself.

I feel worthless. I really do, and I never was the depressed type. This headache hurts horribly... I want to drink myself to sleep because I know as soon as I lie back down tonight I'm going to have another vivid, horrible dream.

I don't see my doc until the 6th of next month, I can stick it out... I just hate the dreams... I hate the headaches and I hate the irritability.

Are these withdrawals?
What's causing these vivid, bad dreams? I've had them before after completely stopping Clonazepam in the past..

Why isn't this damn Zoloft helping me out?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: No Klonopin... Reality-Check.. Life Sucks right now.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »
Sorry you are going through such a rough time. Getting off a benzo is hard, and the side effects can suck, so what you are going through is understandable.

How long have you been on the Zoloft? What dose are you taking? If you've been on it for a long time and it isn't help much, then maybe you need to try something else. Hang in there. The 5th will come around soon enough.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:25:15 AM »
Yeah, the benzos will get ya. I've had minimal benzo experience, though I was pretty hooked on ambien, which is related. I weaned myself off it. My pdoc hates them. Ultimately you're on the right track. The dreams will subside. Good luck.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 12:41:48 AM »
Thanks for the kind thoughts, I'm on 100mg and have been on it for around 4-5 months or so.

I'm currently wearing a mouth-guard custom fitted to my teeth (Thank God my girlfriend is a Dental Hygienist)  because I have had horrible facial pain because I was clenching all day subconsiously... right on my molars.

I also took 20mg of Melatonin (2 10mg tablets) that I just bought from the store.

I hope this will subside, I think I'm going to wear a thinner grind guard tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:59:06 AM »
Why isn't this damn Zoloft helping me out?

I thought you'd stopped taking clonazepam some time ago. None of the antidepressants is much use for benzodiazepine withdrawal. BZDs should be weaned off, not stopped cold-turkey.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
Hi Potatoes. I have been told by my dr. never to stop clonazepam cold turkey due to withdrawl symptoms. I believe you are supposed to wean yourself off, and that it takes quite a few weeks for the process to be complete. It sounds like you are feeling really badly and there is no need to put yourself through that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
You're on a relatively low dose of zoloft. Ask your doctor about possibly going up. I didn't have good results until I reached 125 mg, and I may even go up to 150 mg.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: confused