Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Well after 7 months...  (Read 288 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well after 7 months...
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:23:56 PM »
I'm finally getting the MRIs I've been wanting. Night sweating for 7 months..... I've had ultrasounds, chest X-ray, several tumor marker tests, full blood panels, body exams, and everything kept coming back normal. But I still have the night sweats! I don't get drenched but my clothes deffo get damp half the time or more. I'm 17 weeks preggo. Scared out of my mind it's cancer. I've only gained like 5 pounds this pregnancy so far, so that also terrifies me. Now I'm having really watery diarhea past two days. Don't know what up with that. Provably cancer progressing. I finally got my GP to refer me to a hematologist/oncologist last month who said my symptoms nor bloodwork did not point to lymphoma or a fast moving cancer. I did beg and plead for an MRI because I can't live with this not knowing! Mris are safe for pregnancy so I was ticked I wasn't offered some before. I finally got my chest and abdominal MRI scheduled for next week. And I'm so scared.  :(
This is it. It will finally be revealed. My baby will have to be terminated and I will die regardless. I'm finding out my babies gender tomorrow and then next week my life is over. Beyond terrified.
Btw before anyone says it, I was having night sweats before I got pregnant! I'm 23 also....
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Well after 7 months...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 10:30:50 PM »
This is some scary stuff but I think before you put a death sentence on your head remember that you don't know it is for sure cancer yet. Think of all the hope that you still have. First off, even if it was cancer that is no reason to terminate your baby. You will probably live a lot longer a than your thinking and that's if you DO have it. Remember that you have already been told before that your blood work didn't show any fast moving cancer or lymphoma. It's good to fix our minds on success in the past which I consider that a huge success! I know that you feel like your life is over, I sure did a couple days ago when I started having brain tumor symptoms, but that doesn't mean your life is actually over. Once you find out the gender of your baby, celebrate about that. Dream dreams! Do what a normal pregnant woman would do and go buy baby clothes and talk about what your baby will love when they grow up, etc. It will definitely get your mind off whatever cancer you think you have. Remember, you have a baby growing inside of you, that you know for sure. You DO NOT know for sure whether you have cancer growing inside of you. Look at the facts now and celebrate in them. Give your baby all your love. The baby deserves all your love. Give the baby all the life you have left, which I have a feeling is a lot more years! However, I'm not a doctor. I can't diagnose you. But, I am here to encourage you! Please let us know the results :) also, we'd love to hear the gender of the baby as well! Remember, babies are a sign of hope and new life!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:59 AM »
Well must sound pretty grim if so many read and runs  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:22:11 AM »
Ally I feel for you it is awful not to be able to enjoy this time of your life. I sure hope you get good results. I know what it feels like to think the worst and we shouldn't. It can be okay. I would say the sweats are from pregnancy not cancer your hormones are changing. I believe you will be okay just try not think the worse. I know better said then done. I pray and use Bible verses they are to help and encourage us. I am afraid to have test ran. hang in there let us know how it goes. will be praying for you
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »

I don't think that's true at all.  It's very hard to be supportive to you because you shoot down everything we say in an effort to convince yourself that you do have cancer.  What are you going to do when the MRI comes back clear?  Will you finally treat the demon that's eating you alive????
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:41:39 AM »

Everyone on here has their own lives and worries, and not everyone has something to offer to every person.  We're not doctors, just hypochondriacs trying to offer support. 

You're pregnant.  Most if not all of it is likely hormonal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline broker556

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »
WOW!  This totally put me in the zone.   Im currently going thru lymphoma fears myself.  Have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck.  Seen my primary, dermatologist (for ingrown hair issues) and a highly prestigious ENT.  All said it was nothing to be concerned with.  Of course since i found this node i started coughing, losing weight, lost appetite and barley sleeping 2 hours a night.  I have a very young family 2 boys under 3 years old and a baby girl due in 4 weeks.  My wife wants me to let this go, but i cant.  Im so worried something will happen to me and who will take care of my family :(
My wife and kids are my life.  This has been a really bad month for me.  Everything was going great in my life until this lymphoma fear :(  Wish i never went to google when i found the lymph node. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline broker556

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
also,  I am so sick and tired worrying about lymphoma.  I'm at the point where it would be easier to deal with lymphoma then this constant worry and fear.  This is slowly tearing me down.  Hate this feeling. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
I can tell you with 100% honesty that when I'm having severe anxiety, I have nightsweats like you wouldn't believe.  Night sweats are from MANY BENIGN THINGS including fighting minor infections, increased temp when ovulating, or even something as simple as an infected tooth.  But in my case (back when I went through my HIV worries about 7 years ago), I was drenching the sheets almost nightly.  Stress will also cause diarrhea, and other weird symptoms.  You should go to the main page and read "THIS LIST IS A LIFESAVER" and you'll see how many people share your symptoms.  God bless you and your sweet baby -- you'll both be fine.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
Stress and anxiety WILL cause night sweats and hot flashes (that turn into sweats)
Two reasons I say that.  First of all I am in menopause and right before I get a hot flash/sweat I get a bad anxiety feeling (if I take Xanax before bed I don't get the anxiety which will prevent me from getting any hot flashes/night sweats the entire night.

When my daughter is very stressed in a store she tells me she is getting real bad hot flashes (not sure if she starts to sweat, but a hot flash that gets bad WILL result in a sweat)

EVERYTHING came back clear for you - if you had this "cancer" for OVER 7 months you sure as HECK would have some other symptoms! 

And I LOST weight in my first 4 months of pregnancy!  So don't go by the weight with the pregnancy.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: