Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pituitary Gland Tumor Fear  (Read 461 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pituitary Gland Tumor Fear
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
Has anyone ever had experience with Pituitary Gland Tumors? For the past few weeks I've been freaking out about a brain tumor but then I started going pee all the time! I of course reached out to Dr. Google but I couldn't find a ton since I blocked webmd and the mayo clinic and all that stuff to try and help myself. Here's the symptoms: head pressure on the right side every single day; gets worse as the day goes on, some vision problems; I wear glasses but I didn't wear them for a long time and then one day I noticed that my vision started getting a little cloudy, and now I pee all the time. I do have allergies, which my parents this this is all just a sinus headache but I've had the problem like every day for the past two weeks. I'm started to get really spooked. I would much rather have a pituitary gland tumor than a brain tumor but let's face it, I'd rather not have either! I'm hoping it's either my mind or type  2 diabetes (I'm overweight and my extended family has a history of it). Please help! I just searched for reasons why I'm peeing so much and one of the first things that came up was the pituitary gland tumor. I'm only 21 and I'd like to live my life a little more, especially since I'm only half way through college! Grrrrrrr I'm way to stressed! Thanks ahead for the replies! If anyone has questions about my symptoms just let me know!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pituitary Gland Tumor Fear
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »
Sorry for posting again but it would be really great if people could respond. I would so much rather it be a Pituitary Gland tumor than a brain tumor but I'm afraid to go to the doctor out of fear that it will be a brain tumor. My life is consumed with head tumor fears!!!! Two months ago it was heart attack fears, oh how I wish I could go back to those times!!!!!  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline AthenaNY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »
I don't know much about pituitary tumor symptoms, but it doesn't sound like a brain tumor.  They are not subtle at all.  They used to be a big fear of mine and they are so, so rare and the symptoms leap out at you.  They aren't like, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't" symptoms.

Also, I had a college friend diagnosed with a pituitary tumor.  He is living a normal and successful life.  Even if you do (highly unlikely) you would be fine.

As you said, diabetes is in your family.  Or it could be stress and panic/anxiety, which makes you have to urinate more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
Thank you so much for responding AthenaNY! That made me feel a little better already. Yeah, I've been hearing people say that you'll know for sure if you have a brain tumor and I'm over here like, "well I don't know if I know for sure or not!" Plus, I have allergies so it could also be that but it was just the frequent urination that really got me worried about the pituitary gland. I'll tell you one thing, no more Grey's Anatomy for me! That's what got me started on the brain tumor! Thanks for you response! I really appreciate it. Still really worried but it calmed me down quite a bit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AthenaNY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »
Well, my mom had a coworker with a brain tumor and he was having seizures which was the tip-off.  So, you can't miss that!

Also, think headaches so bad that you physically can't lift your head off the pillow.  And even then, it is not necessarily a brain tumor.  My grandmother had such bad headaches that she was hallucinating and they did a CT scan and MRI which turned up NOTHING.  It ended up being migraines.  That was 25 years ago and she is still fine, just an occasional migraine.

Long story short, they are really rare.  As for frequent urination, do you take birth control?  The BCP made me have that.  Also if you are drinking a lot of caffeine or alcohol, or even just stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
That's true, I haven't had seizures yet and I'm praying I don't! No, I don't take birth control but my doctor wants me to because of abnormal period times (which is really only off by like 5 days each). I'm hoping it really is what I have been drinking. That's true about the caffeine though. I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. I'm wondering if that could have set it off!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »
I had forehead pressure too. Tightness. Dr google said brain tumor. I started peeing more than usual I went to dr google. Tumors came up. Google tells everyone they have a tumor. It's a crying shame. But my ct scan said no tumor. My ent said no tumor. I have to trust the scan and my ent. Anxiety makes it harder. Anxiety will cause you to pee a lot. And I bet the coffee will too.

Think of it like this, think of all of us here who have had one or more symptoms of a brain tumor according to google. Then after reading that, we notice things about our body and think oh No, this is just another sign. And our anxiety goes up. If all of us had a brain tumor, I think this forum would be turned into a brain tumor forum lol.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
Hi...so we have all the same fears I see!  Went to an endocrinologist last week with this same fear.  Never once was she concerned about how frequent I was urinating.  After I read about a different kind of tumor (not in the head) causing frequent urination I started urinating frequently, and became afraid of that tumor.  This frequent urination lasted for about 5 days and resolved itself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisypark777

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »
One of my best friends had a pituitary tumor about 10-11 years ago.  I dont remember all her symptoms,  but I do know that one was lactating while not pregnant or nursing.  The treatment was simply a medication.  She goes in for scans every few years and has been fine ever since!  She is actually pregnant w her 3rd daughter! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bulle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:34 AM »
I think everyone here was under the belief lf a brain tumor at one point.

Dont underestimate the power of Hypochondria anxiety symptoms

Also you said you we're overweight correct? Try losing weight, I say this because the extra weight is putting extra work on your back which could be causing head pains.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 12:58:03 AM »
Thank you everyone!
Also, thank you Bulle! Yes, I am about 100 pound overweight and I am definitely trying to lose some! I always forget that the extra weight puts more pressure on the body. I'm definitely going to have to remember that! Thank you all! I'm already starting to feel more relaxed!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Callum_E

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »
I know about Pituitary Glands all too well. My grandma had one and she died from it just 2 months ago. We the family had to watch her go down and down with it. I think if you had that, you would know. She used to be very active and once this tumour started to grow, it started effecting her mobility and eventually she became wheelchair bound and never walked again. I think the tumour is also what brought on her dementia. It was mainly the tumour though that killed her as it got so big, trust me though when I say if you had a tumour in that glad, you would know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
Oh Callum_E haha I barely know how to respond. Thank you for being honest. Unfortunately that post just sent my anxiety through the roof! I had hope that I wouldn't die from the tumor and now I'm sure I have one and that I'm going to! Yikes! Thanks for your help though  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »
I know someone who recently died of a brain tumor at 29 years of age.  (It's one of the primary reasons I think I have such severe health anxiety now)  She had pain behind her right eye.  It never "moved around" like a lot of our pain, it never got better at some times of the day.  It was never, there for a day and then not there for a day.  It was constant, it was progressive, it was exact, it was unquestionable.  She was a surgical nurse, and she KNEW it was something other than migraines, but with a baby girl to take care of and a busy life at work and with her husband she dealt with it until it just got too severe to function.

I tell this story not to inflict fear, or anxiety in anyone.  Please READ THIS PART >  Her brain tumor had DISTINCT, SPECIFIC, NON "Moving" symptoms that NEVER got better at any time of the day.  It was constant.

So many of my "brain tumor" fears are things that might affect me SEVERELY in the morning, for example, and then be totally fine in the evening.

Another way I try to remind myself that it's just anxiety when I get symptoms is to remember back about 12 years ago.  I had a severe inner ear infection that caused extreme vertigo CONSTANTLY for a month.  It was CONSTANT.  It wasn't better until it was better.  I didn't have a good day and then a bad day.  I spun from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed.   

True medical illnesses tend to linger on like this (especially something MAJOR like brain cancer)  They don't feel better in the afternoon one day and then the evening the next day.

Like someone else has said, it's not a "Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't" think.  It JUMPS out at you like my friend.

I am so sad that she passed at such a young age, and it SUCKS that it causes me so much "if it could happen to her it could happen to me too" feelings.  It's very, very hard to deal with.  VERY HARD.

I hope this HELPS some of you and not causes even more anxiety.  Trust me, when I have my numbness or my headaches I am SURE my Doctor is wrong and I am dieing, but here I am.... Still on the "sunny side of the dirt"

Take Care
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »
Oh dear, I AM having pain/pressure behind my right eye!!!! Should I go get an MRI?!? Now I'm freaking out! She was so young and I'm so young! It's not constant but it could totally still be a brain tumor!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: