Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried I have Pancreatic Cancer.  (Read 851 times)

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried I have Pancreatic Cancer.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
Pancreatic cancer is awful. My bfs mom was diagnosed as stage 1 back in November and as of February she's stage 4 terminal. I don't mean to scare you but if you think even in the slightest bit that you may have it go get checked out. It can be treated if caught early and taken care of properly (the drs were idiots in her case, they only removed the tumour, not the surrounding tissue. And opening her up let oxygen into the cancer cells to allow them to grow & metastasize) . I'm fairly certain you don't have it but go get checked just in case. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else. Best of luck to you, I'm positive you'll be alright :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
Pancreatic cancer is awful. My bfs mom was diagnosed as stage 1 back in November and as of February she's stage 4 terminal. I don't mean to scare you but if you think even in the slightest bit that you may have it go get checked out. It can be treated if caught early and taken care of properly (the drs were idiots in her case, they only removed the tumour, not the surrounding tissue. And opening her up let oxygen into the cancer cells to allow them to grow & metastasize) . I'm fairly certain you don't have it but go get checked just in case. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else. Best of luck to you, I'm positive you'll be alright :)

In 3 months she went to stage 4? Was she ever stage 1 to begin with? Maybe they made a mistake and it was stage 2or 3

Also I thought cancer was anaerobic and couldnt live in oxygen?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
It was stage 1 when first diagnosed. Her prognoses was great but they left some cancer cells behind and untreated, within that short amount of time it spread to her liver and lungs. And no, oxidization can create free radicals that break down healthy cell structures, damaging the DNA and promoting the development of cancer. The more free radicals present, the more cancer causing damage occurs. Kind of like when you cut into an Apple or a banana and the sugar reacts with the oxygen, causing that brown discolouration.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
It was stage 1 when first diagnosed. Her prognoses was great but they left some cancer cells behind and untreated, within that short amount of time it spread to her liver and lungs. And no, oxidization can create free radicals that break down healthy cell structures, damaging the DNA and promoting the development of cancer. The more free radicals present, the more cancer causing damage occurs. Kind of like when you cut into an Apple or a banana and the sugar reacts with the oxygen, causing that brown discolouration.

Oh yea, I forgot that other cells would be exposed to oxygen as well

sucks :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: