Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Talked to doctor over phone about dizziness since im not in town. Read please!  (Read 180 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Again he said this is not suggestive of a brain tumor and I mentioned should I get an MRI to get it ruled out, and he said "no".

Feeling on an elevator
Off balance when walking or looking around up and down left to right
Tingling random on back of neck head mostly left side
light headaches left side etc come and go never constant
definiitly random feelings of nervousness and anxiety and panic that come all throughout the day

I have no idea if i built a tolerance to xanax or what, but I still think its a brain tumor. He said no, it would be way worse than this after 2  1/2 months. So now im just waiting for it to be awful in like 3 days awful headaches siezures etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When do you give in and treat your anxiety?  I know you take Xanax but it really sounds like you could benefit from an SSRI.  You don't have to live like this!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Hey soaring,
 I started prozac like 5 days after I started getting the inbalance "rushes" and MAN did that prozac worsen everything. I dont feel I can start an SSRI at all right now unitl this is completely gone... as long as its not a tumor or it wont go away.

I found this online.. hoping this is it.. but I have no idea what to do to help this..

Vague sensation of light-headedness, subjective sensations of imbalance. These complaints, which can be characterized by their imprecision, are consistently among the most common that clinicians encounter when evaluating dizziness. Eliciting a history from these patients can be frustrating; often, they cannot describe their symptoms precisely. Rather than feeling frustrated, one can feel encouraged because the nonspecific, non-physical nature of the complaints leads to a specific diagnosis. Formerly referred to as “psychogenic dizziness,” persistent nonspecific dizziness that cannot be explained by active medical conditions is now a defined clinical entity known as chronic subjective dizziness, or CSD.3,4 Barber has noted that this diagnosis is suggested during the first 5 to 10 minutes of the office visit if the patient has no specific physical complaints.5

Diagnostic criteria for CSD include greater than 3 months of sensations such as nonvertiginous dizziness, lightheadedness, heavy-headedness or subjective imbalance present on most days, as well as greater than 3 months of chronic hypersensitivity to one’s own motion or the movement of objects in the environment.3,4 Complex visual stimuli, such as walking in grocery stores or shopping malls, or using a computer, characteristically exacerbate the symptoms. The physical examination is usually normal in these patients, except that hyperventilation typically reproduces their symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Nabila, I just had my colonoscopy yesterday and it was all clean! My colon is healthy, beside the IBS. The doctor took a biopsy to rule out microscopic colitis and a stool sample for infection. I have hemorrhoids and they bleed from time to time if I get constipated. I also have low iron and have had for MANY years, but this time is my ferritin was very low (3).... 6 years ago was 8.... then with the pregnancies I took the pre-natals and never had issues with iron.... my youngest is not 19 months and I am having issues with the iron again, so now I am getting iron infusions, today was my infusion 2 of 5.

Anyway, this is just to make you realize that you are most likely ok! We have similar issues!

Good luck with your appointment and please keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: