Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Palpitations and a Stuffy Nose?  (Read 201 times)

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart Palpitations and a Stuffy Nose?
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:47:44 PM »
I normally don't worry much about my heart- oddly enough my focus has been on neurological and gastric issues (gee- 2 things that the nervous system messes up with anxiety- go figure).

Anyway, I woke up out of a dead sleep last night at 4:30am by a bunch of heart palpitations (felt like a pounding in my chest and like my heart was skipping a beat or something). It took me awhile to fully wake up and to try and change my breathing pattern to make it stop. I realized that my nose was semi-clogged from allergies and I was half breathing out of my mouth and nose. I couldn't fall back asleep and it wasn't until I got up and took a claritin pill to open up my sinuses that my heart palps stopped. I don't know if it was my weird breathing or what....just wanted reassurance that this is normal. I don't need something else to stress out about. I have had the heart palps on and off through out the day today when my nose gets stuffy. Nothing like the hour and a half straight this morning, but this really came out of left field.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Palpitations and a Stuffy Nose?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:10:36 AM »
Laying in bed with more palps tonight. Still semi clogged nose.
This really sucks. Anyone think I should pursue this further? I had an EKG in Jan before my endoscopy and it was fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:19:51 AM »
I've had a ton of heart palpitations with anxiety. I even got two EKGs, a treadmill stress test, and a 24 hr holter monitor done. When I take a xanax they go away. I'm sure you are fine and it's nothing to worry about!! The doctor told me heart palpitations are very common in women and that people without HA Just generally don't notice it because they aren't scanning their bodies constantly. I would only worry if you are experiencing extreme pain with them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
No extreme pain, but I do have a weird pain right below my right boob. Sort of where I would imagine my liver/gallbladder live.
This pain didn't start until the palps started which is just weird. I can tell its totally my breathing pattern causing it because when I am able to get into a decent breathing pattern they stop. I also had to run to catch my train the other night after work and they didn't happen during physical exertion. In fact they often feel better when I am up and moving- doesn't make any sense. I hate anxiety -- my first therapist appt is next wednesday and it can't come soon enough.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: