Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Haven't "slept" in days!!!  (Read 501 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Haven't "slept" in days!!!
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:43 PM »
For about the past week or two I can't seem to sleep. I do my normal routine, take my sleeping pill at 9pm, usually by 10pm I'm ready for bed. No such luck! I lay awake in bed until I get so frustrated I could cry. Then, I get up and go downstairs and just stare blankly at the tv till about 3-4am. At this point, I am able to sleep. I get back up at approx 9-9:30am because I don't want to sleep all day and I hope that I am able to sleep that next night. NOPE! I'm always tired, and yet can never sleep! All I want to do is cry!!!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Haven't "slept" in days!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:52:02 AM »
Thing here is not to get up out of bed. Frustrated as you may be. Stay in your bed. Maybe have a radio on. Getting back out of bed is only adding to the problem. Bit of relaxation in bed. The more you get used to staying in your bed the quicker sleep will come to you. By getting back up you are disrupting things. I know it can be annoying just laying there awake. It may take a week or three to get things right. Bed is the place to be. Not in the sitting room watching TV.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »
Cuch is right about staying in bed. I'll go a step further to suggest not to bother with the sleeping pill thereby allowing your natural sleep center in the brain to regain its effectiveness. It can't function with artificial interference.

Try and look forward to that time when you can dump your cares, be with yourself and enjoy the freedom of sleep. No interference from this or that. Think pleasant thoughts about yourself. A form of resting meditation. Inevitably, sleep will come. Be patient. Don't worry about time. Let nature take care of itself, as it will. You are reviving your sleep center and will be so glad you did.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ccandy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »
hmmmm, there are lots of thing can cause sleep disorder, so would you like to share more things? what did you do b4 the first day you can't sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »
Nothing different. Doc finally upped my meds though.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: